• VIP
Hello ella

Don't worry about being upset about items for your child, i am still like that now. Michael has borrowed a very big standing frame and I hate it, it looks ok but its the thought of putting him in it especially when he doesnt want to go in it, but it is for his own good i keep telling myself. We do take anything so dont worry its all in our childrens best interest. Let me know how you get on.

xxx
Angel

• VIP
My little girls first chair was a 'Sunbeam' which i thought was scary but after a while (of me refusing to sit her in it!) I got used to the idea that without it the poor girl would only see the world from the lounge carpet! We then got a Bee chair and now we have a JCM Triton. Chloe loves her chair but each time we get a new one she takes quite a while to get used to it - so perseverance is key.

Kirsty
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• VIP
i totally agree i think the scary part is the reminder that your child needs that extra support and equipment. caleb had a squiggle chair which i hated but now he's no longer got it i see the benefits it had for him. i hate with a passion his standing frame but because he doesn't like it and gets really distressed getting into it. over the holidays his nursery has given us a loan of a pacer which is much easier to use and he prefers. not getting very far in it but at least he starting to get the feel of his legs. the pacer will return back to nursery after the holidays as we don't have the storage space but i know he'll get the use of it at least twice a week. the best bit of equipment we ever got was the squiggle development mat, it was so easy to use and so versatile as well, for young babies with delayed development i'd strongly recommend it. if there was a cheaper version on the market i'd have recommended it for any baby

• VIP
(08-04-2010, 12:07 PM)mcgraw Wrote: the best bit of equipment we ever got was the squiggle development mat, it was so easy to use and so versatile as well, for young babies with delayed development i'd strongly recommend it. if there was a cheaper version on the market i'd have recommended it for any baby

Just had to second this, we love our squiggles early activity system, Chloe is 3 now and quite tall for her age but we still use it for tummy lying (which she hates!) and side lying etc. Best thing we ever purchased.
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• VIP
thanks for all the replys , i will let u all kno how i get on on friday , prob take them ages to get the chair anyhow (well i am guessing from what i read on here )
i have a squiggles mat but i really dont kno y we still have it as physio helped us use it wem she was few months old so she cud grab her feet but now she does that its just unused as i dont kno how to use it to benefit her ?
teagan mia 03/05/06Heart
ruby hannah 12/09/08 Heart
jaimee evanna 07/10/09 Heart
jaimee grade 4 ivh hemiplegia cp and global development delay
love my 3 girls all the world mommys perfect princesses xxxx