• VIP

my physio came last week and said she was coming this week with ot to sort out a upright chair for jaimee , i thought she wud not need one of these and i told the physio i dont want one them bee chairs they are too scary she said there are nicer ones , i am so scared off these big complicate and scary looking chairs :o(
teagan mia 03/05/06Heart
ruby hannah 12/09/08 Heart
jaimee evanna 07/10/09 Heart
jaimee grade 4 ivh hemiplegia cp and global development delay
love my 3 girls all the world mommys perfect princesses xxxx

• VIP
lol i wondered what you meant by bee chair so googled it and have to say it did give me a giggle with the big bee on it, i assume its the same company who makes my sons standing frame as he has a giant monkey on the side of it! we're waiting on delivery of a squiggles http://www.leckey.com/template.asp?parent=96&pid=250 jacob has his fitting last week and its fantastic so if you get a choice i highly recommend it!
hope they manage to find you something you are happy with
carrie x

• VIP
hi ella,my son Scott has got a bee chair and they're really not that scary,if i can work it anyone can!
before that he just had a special chair,very simple upright or tilted,but with the extra support.hopefully you can find one that doesn't scare you!x

• VIP
hi my sons first chair was a Jenx Bee chair i have to admit it that was a bit of a wake up call for me because it was such a solid piece of equipment! without it my son would not have had the support he needed and i doubt he would have learned to sit. he can now sit unaided, bearing in mind he had a sleep system to change his position in the night thats a mighty big achievement! early intervention is a good thing it will give your child the best chance to reach their full potential good luck with it. as the child grows there will be plenty of opportunity to choose nicer looking chairs.
I never thought it would happen to me.

• VIP
We used to have a giraffe chair and personally I thought they were great, very kid friendly and not just boring bits of metal and wood everywhere.
Still, no matter what it looks like, if any disability equipment works, surely its worth a try!
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart