• Registered
Some areas of the UK have a paint and paper recyling set-up, see if you can join your local freegle website and ask about getting free paint/paper etc.... I know merseyside has one based on the wirral and they can even arrange people to come and help if you are unable to decorate yourself for some reason.

• VIP
Would the family fund not help with this? When we had adaptations 6 yrs ago they helped me think i got a cheque for something like £400 every room needed decorating after the work !

Vic
Mum of 4, Christopher 15 Joe 13 Kate 12 Rosie 3
Christopher type 1 diabetes Joe Rare Chromosone Abnormality associated with Microcephaley Global Development Delay Dysmorphism

• VIP
I know in Sheffield you can get social loans up to £1000 if you're on certain benefits and they take a few pounds a week off this, and is possibly the same in other areas.
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• Established member
Thanks everyone, mummy of matty - I'm in Sheffield too! - just had a look online for a budgeting loan, I've never heard of it before - I'm going to send off for an aplication form, it'd be a massive help, finger's crossed.

Thanks again :-) x

• Established member
Hi again, thought i'd let you know that I applied for a budgeting loan and I've already heard back and they've offered a loan of £800 paying back just under £10 a week............. I think that's pretty good going. Thanks again everyone, I really didn't expect such a good (not to mention speedy) outcome.

Big weight lifted! :-)

Sally x