• VIP
(08-02-2010, 01:41 PM)mcgraw Wrote: again another reason to get the tax credits sorted as this would go up depending on your earnings and also they could help with childcare costs

just read over this bit and what i mean is that if your wages went down cos you went to term time only working then you may get a wee bit more tax credits. hope that makes sense

• Registered
thank you for your advice. firstly we did not separate greatly she had erm extra marital activities is the most polite way of putting it his problems range from trouble either being bothered to or remembering to go to toilet eating to his more disturbing behaviour rocking permenantly to shouting opbscenities at people in his sleep and also his unpredictable mood swings which result in me restraining him physically i have applied for the DLA forms today they say it can take 26 weeks to come through which is a great result Dodgy i need to claim benefits for him but she can be erratic and unpredictable which causes more agro i went to drop him off at her house this morning but wouldnt open the door to him so had to take another day off work i will enquire tomorrow about flexible working hours its hard and been on my own doesnt help its just nice to know there are people out there who share the pain thank you

• VIP
Yes, you definitely need to get child tax credits for your son, along with his child benefit. If you're unsure how to go about doing this make an appointment to see your local Citizens Advice. Please keep us posted with how you get on.
Julie xx

• VIP
(08-02-2010, 03:35 PM)marcus83 Wrote: i have applied for the DLA forms today they say it can take 26 weeks to come through which is a great result :

good good glad to hear. i recently applied and i got the forms within the week and it was sorted after 6 weeks but they had to get a letter from my daughters consultant. she hasn't got a diagnoses at the moment but mainly because she's only 3 and there a wee bit hestiant at the moment. when you see the forms it can seem really intimating some people find it easier sitting down for a few hours and get it out the way other fill them out over the space of several night. the best thing to do is write notes now, maybe a typical day and then a note of how often things happen for example his toileting need, how main times does he forget etc.
definitely speak to your work at least that way as well you'll know where you stand with them.
finally regarding your son's mother/ex partner you are just going bite bullet and speak to her. for the sake son more than anything

good luck

• Administrators
(08-02-2010, 03:35 PM)marcus83 Wrote: i need to claim benefits for him but she can be erratic and unpredictable which causes more agro
Dont worry about her now you need to support yourself and your son in all honesty.
Contact tax credits first thing or this evening they are open until 8pm and explain to them that you now have custody and that the payments will need to be amended.
You may have to do a new application although if you are currently on a joint claim it may and i use the word may losely be a change of circumstances,as they allow people to say they have a new partner on a change of circumstances so why not the other way around.
Allow her to be akward if she wants its her loss and do the right thing by you and your son and ensure that the tax credits are transferred.

Also you will need to contact child benefit and do the same.

Just before you do that though In regards to the custody situation what is the agreement here?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE