• Registered
hi daniel
yes ive done all that and im in the middle of a appeal. my sons doctors and medical team think its wrong that my son had his dla took from him noone seems to understand why . ive been intouch with them and they have a back log of appeals so i have to wait till december for the appeal , its so frustrating and annoying .

• Administrators
(08-10-2010, 09:58 PM)noonans mum Wrote: hi daniel
yes ive done all that and im in the middle of a appeal. my sons doctors and medical team think its wrong that my son had his dla took from him noone seems to understand why . ive been intouch with them and they have a back log of appeals so i have to wait till december for the appeal , its so frustrating and annoying .
So the DLA was in payment and then taken away?
Or was it a renewal and then turned down?
In terms of care needs what is a typical day for you and how does his conditions affect him?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
hi yes it was a renewal claim , as he used to recieve dla .. a typical day for us .....everyday is different daniel . he has no self asteam hates himself, hates how he looks , but he wont talk to anyone about it . his temper can be horrid at times , he fights me to get in and out the shower as he dont want to have one at all . its ver challenging everyday . but in other ways he likes everything that is his on his bed and noone is alowed to touch them , he has to have soft fabric clothes on otherwise he will not get dressed , he finds things very hard to understand to , i have learnt to go back to basics to explain things to him .he get breathless when he is out due to his 4 heart conditions , and he struggles to breath at night . its very stressful and hard at times , the school and his local doc think it would be best for him if he was in a special school so we are going through that to .

• Administrators
(08-11-2010, 05:51 PM)noonans mum Wrote: hi yes it was a renewal claim , as he used to recieve dla .. a typical day for us .....everyday is different daniel . he has no self asteam hates himself, hates how he looks , but he wont talk to anyone about it . his temper can be horrid at times , he fights me to get in and out the shower as he dont want to have one at all . its ver challenging everyday . but in other ways he likes everything that is his on his bed and noone is alowed to touch them , he has to have soft fabric clothes on otherwise he will not get dressed , he finds things very hard to understand to , i have learnt to go back to basics to explain things to him .he get breathless when he is out due to his 4 heart conditions , and he struggles to breath at night . its very stressful and hard at times , the school and his local doc think it would be best for him if he was in a special school so we are going through that to .
Did you have any assistance completing the orginal renewal form?
Dont suppose you have a copy of the form at all?

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
hi no sorry i dont have a copy of the form .. i sent in all his information and doctors letter from all 5 of his doctors . but they told me that they will get intouch with who they think they need to .. they asked for a report from his old school as i had to take him out of it due to his peers picking on him all the time and he was getting into trouble as he used to take the name calling untill he used to just flip at the other children , they never recieved the report from the school and i think that was due to me taking him out the school . i have appealed now and i have had more doctors letters sent in to them with the new information on . been told his appeal wont be heard untill december this year , the appeal went in on 8th april , i thought they had 12 weeks to hear a appeal or am i wrong ?