• Administrators
There are handbooks detailing a variety of conditions and disability, they each explain what the DLA decision makers think is likely to arise from each condition in regards to care and mobility needs.

You can find attached a copy of the decision makers handbook which gives some very useful information which is used by the decision makers at the disability living allowance team.

The decision makers handbook is attached as a PDF document and well worth a read.

Decision makers handbook

.pdf   disabilitylivingallowancedescesionmakershandbook.pdf (Size: 675.98 KB / Downloads: 92)

• Registered
it could be more useful than he awful (but somehow funny) report on claims that were disallowed. i was thinking of showing it to my neighbour.
i have put it in my favourites and will read through it tonight if my son actually hits the hay before 11pm.

• Administrators
lol gosh i know i dont get much sleep but it sounds like nothing compared to some of you poor moms on here! Does your son have a SEN? I read the autism/asd part out of curiosity and i think it mensioned about looking at their needs on their SEN and getting a report from the school! There is also a bit about learning disabilities which may be aplicable to you as your son doesn't have a specific asd diagnosis. There are other parts of that specific website that are very interesting aswell other than the decision makers handbook, such as the appeal process amongst other things!

xx

• VIP
Thanks for the link, I have found that really usefull in reminding me about certain things Noah does/needs help with. Things I just "do" and forget they arent the "norm"
Huge help as I am wading my way through his DLA claim form as we speak Smile

• VIP
From the things i have just been reading on this form.. My little man looks like hes falling under the autism section.. However at the last paed appointment the paed said.. 'I thought he had servere autism, but lookin at him now he has eye contact which autism children dont have', So she wudnt send him for the autism test which she was planning on doing..
Realy anoys me though as he ticks nearly everything on the autism list.. & the paed etc only ever see them for 1/2hour once every bluemoon.. (And even the time before when we seen her he shown hes true colours as he went to hit my DD over the head with a chair.. & trashed the consulation room.. & all this was stated on her revious report and just cause she met him on a good day, the time after she now says she doesnt think autism come in as he has eye contact.. wtf)..
So we still none of the wiser.. only things we can go by are 'Severe global development delays/ Severe behavioural problems/ Severe speah & language delays/ Severe learning difficulties/ Glue ear/ Flat footed/ Hole in heart/ Heart murmor/ Sleep apneoa (UAO)'.. Soo stressful not having a diagnosis.. EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!