• VIP
im in yardley wood, i have been to look at uffculme school and did really like it there but someone told me to also go and look at the pines as it is a really nice school too and then to decide what to do then

• Administrators
Oh so your only about 10-15 minutes away from us...
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
You mentioned the Pine school.
I actually know someone who is doing a work placement over there and they can not sing highly enough of the school.
He went as far as to say its the holy grail of special schools.
So thats something good.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
hi, ive just re-read this thread and i was wondering if your daughter had been diagnosed. could i ask what step are going to happen hopefully to transision your daughter into a special school or unit. i have fished out my daughters statement of special education needs, and i have found the bit where it says what band she is in. my daughters is in a paragraph headlined ' PROVISION TO BE MADE BY THE AUTHORITY'. my daughters is band 5 which means 5 x 5 hours, if it was band 4 it would be 4 x 5 hours.

im having problems with mainstream with my son, he has a band statement but at the start of this school year his one-to-one was taken away by the senco officer. and it took me 7 weeks to get it back for him. we are having a review of his statement at a multi agency meeting as in our area that is how the descision to move to a special school or unit is made. i do have a feeling that because the one-to-one was taken away that it will be the argument for him to stay in mainstream. would it be worth checking what kind of help your daughter is recieving and what it says on the statement. then if what she actually is recieving is less than what is on the statement (the statement is actually a legal document too) you can request that she is given more support before her next meeting or iep. can i ask how long she had been given to acheive her targets, i was looking through my sons and he is still trying to acheive the same ones a year and half on.

• VIP
yes she is diagnosed, we had a meeting at school today and they reckon she is doing fine i really dont know what to do now. She still has the same IEP targets, but they say at the moment they dont feel she needs any more help than she is getting, so im really stuck on what to do now. They said that they dont think she will cope by the time next september comes and she moves into year 1, unless she suddenly starts talking, and that sort of thing, but now they feel she is doing ok