• Registered
Hi all

I'm single mum of 3. two sons and a daughter.Smile

My daughter was diagnosed with classic autism when she was 2, she is now 4 and attends a special school. She is non-verbal and has severe sensory processing porblems. She is beautiful. Heart

xx

• Administrators
HI and welcome to the forum! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, we have quite a few families who have children with autism/asd. Many of them are having problems battling the education system, how have you found it so far?

Lucy xx
Mom to Emily7, Euan2 and alfie4months. Euan has cystinosis, a rare genetic disorder!

• Registered
(11-14-2009, 09:14 AM)Lucy Wrote: HI and welcome to the forum! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, we have quite a few families who have children with autism/asd. Many of them are having problems battling the education system, how have you found it so far?

Lucy xx
Mom to Emily7, Euan2 and alfie4months. Euan has cystinosis, a rare genetic disorder!

Hi Lucy

Thank you for the welcome Smile

I have to say i had no problem at all with education. I didnt have to 'battle'. The statement came through pretty quick and no difficultes at all.

Lou attends a school for profound, severe and complex needs. Her class is made up of mainly autistic chidren. Apparently they are the most hyper- active class they ever had!! As the school used to be for mainly phsyical needs with only a few severe autistic children.

xx
Remember when you were young you shone like the sun, shine on you crazy diamond.

• VIP
Hello Shy

Nice to meet you hope to meet on the boards.

Helen xx

• Registered
Morning Big Grin

Found you lol!

They certainly keep them busy don't they. Hi Lucy Smile I was prepared for a battle regarding education, had mini scuffles with the Childrens centre we attended due to them wanting to put off getting my son statemented. I started looking into it for him aged 2, but it wasn't until this April he got it. Its a fabulous school they go to. I think they are all benefiting from the help they get.
My biggest battle is with the NHS system, trying to get my son assessed for an ASD. Long story and my friend here has heard me go on about it enough recently lol. xx
Happiness is the path we lead not the destination Idea