• Administrators
Welcome robbie
Thank you for becoming a member of parents of disabled children and i hope you find the site useful.
From me and all the members of Parents of disabled children a big welcome ,please feel free to introduce yourself and your tell us about your family.

We hope you enjoy the forum and if there is anything we can help you with just let us know or if you can help our other members out please jump in and get involved.

We are one big family here with great members from all across the country.
Look forward to hearing from you and reading the introduction to your family.
In the meantime if you need any guidance using the forum this can be found on the following links:

How to use the site
http://www.parentsofdisabledchildren.co.uk/using-the-forum-t-612.html

Forum rules:
http://www.parentsofdisabledchildren.co.uk/forum-rules-updated-a-4.html

Feel free to get involved and join in and im sure you will find out for yourself what a truly great base of supportive members we have here.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Hi Daniel, thank you for the welcome, sorry for late response, I joined and then we went away on holiday.....

I'm a 42 year old father of two daughters. I met my wife, Marie, in 1990 and we have been married since 1997.
Madeleine our eldest daughter was born in 2003 and goes to mainstream school, moving up to year 2 in September.
Lydia our youngest daughter was born in July 2006 and will be starting school September. Lydia has delayed development and also a nystagmus. Lydia is developing but at a slow pace. She can crawl and now likes to stand whilst holding your hands. She can say Mum, Dad, hello, Nan and some other words can be recognised by us. She has had numerous tests but all come back as normal.
Up till July she attended a special needs nursery (8 miles from home) and from September will attend a special needs school approximately 16 miles from home, so we have had the 'fun' of DLA, mobility, wheelchair services, statementing, school transport, IDS, requesting an OT and other services that escape me. Didn't realise how difficult it is to find out and/or request information until Lydia came along and can see why others can't understand why it takes so long to request or organise something that sounds so simple.
I joined the forum initially as I was hunting free nappy info as Lydia qualified once she turned four. That has been real easy to request. I nurse came out to see us after Lydia's fourth birthday, said no problem and allocated the maximum 4 nappies per day then just over a week later they arrived on the door step. Know that 4 won't be enough, but it will bring down cost nappies we buy and free ones supplied are exactly the same as the ones we buy.
Think we have similar problems as everyone else, juggling work and time with Children, but at least Lydia is healthy and doesn't seem to have any serious medical problems (apart from wearing glasses that she like to throw when tired….) we just care for her as we have done since she was born, though she is now becoming taller and heavier, but is still are little girl.
Feel I'm rambling now, so will finish typing and carry on reading forum responses…. Hopefully bring a member will get me to talk about things more…

Rob….

• Moderators
hi Robbie
hope you had a good holiday
you will find once you start you end up telling everything warts n all lol and think daniel and fatherjack could do with some male support amongst all us gals Big Grin
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(08-19-2010, 06:35 PM)corinne Wrote: hi Robbie
hope you had a good holiday
you will find once you start you end up telling everything warts n all lol and think daniel and fatherjack could do with some male support amongst all us gals Big Grin
Oh shes right Blush
We do need male support Big Grin
We need more bro-mance here Big Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(08-19-2010, 06:38 PM)Daniel Wrote: Oh shes right Blush
We do need male support Big Grin
We need more bro-mance here Big Grin

Bro-mance??? <coff coff> no ta, I'l settle for a war of the sexes from time to time and the usual competition as to which of us blokes can say the 'wrong' thing first in a threadAngel