• VIP
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I pondered for a while before posting!

I was just wondering, those of you with "larger" children who are still in nappies, how do you go about changing them in public toilets? Maddie is twice the size of changing tables so I can't use them and end up having to lie her on the floor, which isn't good at all - I wouldn't wanna lie on the floor in some public toilets. Undecided Thankfully the hospital one was "clean", and I had to change her twice as she'd done a wee, I changed her, she went off to play and 5 minutes later decided she needed to empty her bowel. lol.
Julie xx

• VIP
I have two methods for my daughter.
(1) If were out for a walk in the pram we would bring a blanket everywhere we go just for the nappy changing.
(2) We carry a Yoga/exercise mat with us in the car so on long trips we would change her on that. It is rolled up so we can carry it with us in a tesco bag.

Hope other people can give you suggestions.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
Thank you! I'm thinking for the wet nappies I might have to invest in pull up nappies so I can change her without having to lie her down, and I might have to get some form of blanket or something to lie her down on for the messier nappies! We have one toilet in the local shopping centre that is good, it's got a really long worktop next to a sink and it's long enough for her to lie on, so that's great but she's a big 3 year old and it's not always easy lifting her up onto that so I know it's time to reassess things and figure out how I'm going to work it out in the future! I know millions of other people have to manage this on a daily basis, I've just not really thought about it till today but there wasn't space to change her today and I thought "I'll have to ask what everyone else does!" Smile
Julie xx

• VIP
i have made a changing mat one side is waterproof and i made it double fleece so its comfy when i need to change on floorSmile

hey just a thought have u got a rader key for the disabled toilets. i got some online and i take it out with me. my son dosent like using the toilets atall but atleast i have a key so i can try and get him to use them. then u can change ur daughter in privcy and not cramped either. hope this helped chick if u need anymore info just inbox me