• Administrators
(11-14-2009, 07:57 PM)becky29 Wrote: i meant if you fill it in online - the part where you would put the supporting person do you just list their name and contact details?
Yes Becky this is enough.
How did you get on in the end?
Make sure you over explain and repeat things and ensure you dont miss a thing.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
i have started the forms and im just describing what its like going outdoors, i need to add extra pages just to get across what a walk to the shops is like

• Administrators
Be sure to include every detail.
Also i personally suggest when writing things adding statements like.

My son cannot do ................ whereas a child without his condition could be expected to do this with ease.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
ive run of space which i expected, but it turns out the Children have had all my extra paper, so i moved on to the next question but the boxes are so tiny. its the one about the extra care during day and then night. now im thinking i want to do it online as lucy said something about theres enough space to type as much as you want.

the thing is this form is so scary, i know how hard life is 24 hours a day and sleep is for only a few hours at a time but somehow writing it down makes me want to think im making it up - does that make sense. and seeing it on paper makes me not only feel depressed but i wonder how i cope everyday. when i filled in the other forms i didnt lie, but i dont think i put what my son is really like as my doctor was saying at that time it was all a speech and language problem and behaviour problem second. i think in our appointment next month i will be confident enough to say that what she has been trying to pass it off as is not good enough and many other therapists he sees know its ASD first and speech and language problem second. but should i wait until ive seen her as i have this awful feeling that if the dla contact her she would say different to what i put. i know school will totally agree with me as hes the same at school as he is at home.

• Administrators
Yes online there are no restrictions on typing, you can also save it half way through and come back to it. What i did was write brief bullet points on the paper version to make sure i didn't forget then dan went through it all in detail online. It is very depressing writing it all down, kind of makes you dwell on the reality and yes i also think they will look at it as though i am lying but i'm not, i think that is because the whole process makes you so nervous as its so drawn out! God knows how i cope, i think if i was 20yrs older i wouldn't be able to cope without sleep.....i'm putting it down to being 22 (nearly 23 Big Grin), my mom suffers from insomnia and struggles to work a day after having no sleep, i just have to soldier on, although at times it is a struggle!

xx