• VIP
hi,my 7 year old is being tested for dyspraxia now after me saying for years he was behind.he is very uncoordinated and has very poor fine motor skills.what else does dyspraxia involve? the school is very supportive but the Health visitor said it was in my head!

• Registered
(07-21-2010, 05:50 AM)chrissie Wrote: hi,my 7 year old is being tested for dyspraxia now after me saying for years he was behind.he is very uncoordinated and has very poor fine motor skills.what else does dyspraxia involve? the school is very supportive but the Health visitor said it was in my head!

Hi my son is also 7 and has just been diagnosed. It was the L.E.A. that first told me they thought he could be,Fight he also has severe dyslexia. I then went to GP who referd him to physio for tests. My son is very clumsey with little spatial awarness, no recognition of danger and often has temper tantrums. I have had problems with him from nursery so don't give up. Your his mother you know him best.

• Registered
(07-21-2010, 05:50 AM)chrissie Wrote: hi,my 7 year old is being tested for dyspraxia now after me saying for years he was behind.he is very uncoordinated and has very poor fine motor skills.what else does dyspraxia involve? the school is very supportive but the Health visitor said it was in my head!

I agree that you know your child best.
My daughter had a tremor which set alarm bells ringing. But she is also behind in school she is only just starting to grasp phonics fully and is seven almost eight. She struggles to copy from the board, her hand writing is terrible and her motor skills and fine motor skills are poor.Her social skills have taken a long time to develop too. I think I would keep talking to the school as they can be a huge help and it sounds like you have a lousy health visitor if they havent taken your concerns on board. My daughter was slow to hit any of the milestones too.

I think the thing to remember with Dyspraxia is that there are many varying symptoms and every child is different. On the plus side my little girl has been improving with what she can do and always seems to get there in the end.

I wish you lots of luck with getting a diagnosis , it can be a slow process but keep your chin up Blush

• Registered
hi, my daughter who will be four in January has had the word Dysphraxia used in one of her reports but I'm unsure as to whether or not she has had the full diagnosis of it, If that makes sense, she has been with a peadritician now since she was just over one and has development delays, she only has single words and is not walking, the more i read up on it, the more it sounds like her but my development therapist said to me when she last saw her (September) that she would be very surprised if she got that diagnosis, so I am now very confused?

hello my son has not bein diagniosed but he has got it because the ot has said but all i need now is for someone to look at the report and say he has. i dont have many mums who child is going throught what my child is. i would love to chat to other parents who are going throught the same as me. if someone could inbox me would be great. thanks