• Registered
Hi everyone
My little girl has finally got a diagnosis of Dyspraxia after three years of being told she is not doing this , she is not doing that. I feel relieved to finally know its nothing that I as a parent was doing wrong and am concentrating now on doing the best I can for her.

The biggest trouble I have is not having anyone who really understands it and the difficulties my daughter faces. So am looking for any other parents who would like to chat about day to day frustrations and achievemnets Smile

• Registered
hi there i also have a dyspraxic child, he is 8yrs, he has also got learning problems but the more i find about dyspraxic children the more it can go hand in hand.
If I can help or you would like to chat just email me on here x

• Established member
Hi my lad has dyspraxia hes 13 now but he was your girls age when he was diagnosed with it. Before the other diagnosis's came along lol

• VIP
my child hasnt yet had a diagnosis of this but i strongly feel this is what he does have.
can i ask how the process started for u to get ur diagnosis? my stepsons now 5 and not heard from paediatrition in months Sad

• Registered
(07-20-2010, 05:05 PM)Lea89x Wrote: my child hasnt yet had a diagnosis of this but i strongly feel this is what he does have.
can i ask how the process started for u to get ur diagnosis? my stepsons now 5 and not heard from paediatrition in months Sad

Hi the process for my daughter started initially with nursery. They took part in testing out a child development kit and Jess didnt hit any expected targets and we were advised to consult a doctor. We did this and were told there was nothing to worry about every child develops different. But i have noticed all along that she was later at hitting targets like walking, talking etc...than any of my friends children. But the next thing to get put forward was the tremor in her hand and the school had several people in to observe her and finally in July last year she was referred to the paediatrian. the paediatrician was concerned about the tremor and said she had delayed motor development. It took from then up until two months ago to see the Occupational therapist. After different tests both at the hospital building and in school we got called in and told its Dyspraxia.
I can only describe it as dual feelings a bit shocked at first and then once it sunk in a relief. I know its nothing i have done as a parent, in fact have been praised for all we have done. And now hoefully my daughter will get all the help she needs.

It has been a long slow process but i feel thankful that Jessicas school were so determined to get to the root of the problem too. I hope you make progress in getting your son assessed properly soon, but if your paediatrician is like mine it may be a wait. Dodgy