• VIP
(02-06-2011, 12:06 AM)glowball Wrote:
(07-19-2010, 06:41 PM)Kat Wrote: Thank you.. will definitely try out this place Smile I'm sure she'd love it..

Hi, i no its a bit late but the ice cream farm in cheshire is good, it has good access for wheel chairs and everything is on ground level, also the candle factory which is just down the road from the ice cream farm is also good, down stair is all level or ramped, they do have an upstairs and a stair lift but if your child cant sit unaided then carrying them may be an option (i have a little boy whos 6 and can easily manage to carry him up the stairs)
greenacres is good but we were turned down on the pony ride as it was a 'health and saftey' issue but yet again if your child can sit unaided it shouldnt be a problem.
Chester zoo is a good option although they dont let carers in free anymore Sad
Also a fantastic option is the blue planet aquarium in cheshire oaks, its only about £10 to get in an carers are free and u can stay there all day if u want Smile
Hope this helps!!

Hi, Thanks for more ideas Smile We did go to the blue planet aquarium, the only bit she enjoyed was where daddy let her tickle the rays Big Grin and eating with all the people around here.. I'm planning to take her to the Chester Zoo in the summer as well, see if she enjoys it.
Whereabout is that Icecream Factory?
We went to the donkey sacntuary nr Manchester once - they do rides for Children with special needs.. all free. And it doesnt' matter if your boy can't sit unaided. Jasmine can't sit unaided but the workers there supported her from all sides during the ride. Would like to take her back again but at the moment she doesnt' enjoy long drives for some reason..

Thanks again Smile

• Established member
I live in Winchester so am not sure what is available near you but my son is 3 and also has a form of CP and just like your little lady is full of energy and wants to do everything!!! He uses a kaye walker but we can only use it for about an hour before we crash and burn. I have just discovered via a local disabaility group there is a charity called Merlins Magic wand which is run alongside the Merlin entertainment group which owns Madam Taussads, Chessington, Alton Towers, Legoland etc. You can apply to them for up to 5 free tickets for entry to any of their attractions you just have to choose one. They initially look at your application then if agreed you just have to send one letter headed from the hospital and you will get the tickets. I know this may not be any use to you right now but friends say that Legoland is very good at catering for disabilities. The best bit is that from then on in you can apply once a year until they are 16 I think. We are using our tickets for our sons 4th birthday!

This may not be of any use now - but handy for a good day out in the future x

• VIP
(02-07-2011, 10:07 AM)Katekit01 Wrote: I live in Winchester so am not sure what is available near you but my son is 3 and also has a form of CP and just like your little lady is full of energy and wants to do everything!!! He uses a kaye walker but we can only use it for about an hour before we crash and burn. I have just discovered via a local disabaility group there is a charity called Merlins Magic wand which is run alongside the Merlin entertainment group which owns Madam Taussads, Chessington, Alton Towers, Legoland etc. You can apply to them for up to 5 free tickets for entry to any of their attractions you just have to choose one. They initially look at your application then if agreed you just have to send one letter headed from the hospital and you will get the tickets. I know this may not be any use to you right now but friends say that Legoland is very good at catering for disabilities. The best bit is that from then on in you can apply once a year until they are 16 I think. We are using our tickets for our sons 4th birthday!

This may not be of any use now - but handy for a good day out in the future x

Thanks, I'll look into that. We're in Crewe, think Alton Towers is quite close to us. Thanks for the information Smile

• Established member
Hi, they are both in Tattenhall, if u google ice cream farm cheshire it will give u sat nav details, the candle factory is about 5 mins down the road from it and all sign posted. I cant post the links unfortunataly as i havent posted over 20 posts yet!! Smile

• Registered
Hi Kat, It's Connors mum Michelle.

You could also try JJ's at Macclesfield which is a big sensory play area, although the travelling may be an issue again or Walton Gardens at Warrington is a great day out if the sun is shining. they are holding the north west disability awareness day on July 10th. We went last year and came home with loads of ideas. You can also get a book through motablility website called accessible britain which is quite helpful.

Hope yo see you at the donkeys soon, Connor is riding every Wednesday at the minute until he starts school full time in September and loving it