• VIP
(07-15-2010, 09:48 AM)claire-belle Wrote: Hi Lea, Thanks for your reply,bless him i know he hasn't been diagnosed but do you know what is causing his probs? was he prem? , at least you are giving him a shot at main stream that's what i want if it isn't successful at least we've tried Smile But i'm not that impressed with my middle daughters school, although my son went there and sailed through but my 9 yr old is struggling and we think she as dyslexia and we voiced our concern in oct but nothing has really happened even though her teacher agrees there is something there? so i'm going to have to look around!
but how do you get information on the best schools for special needs? we have 1 more map meeting in 6 months so hopefully we will get some help/advice then.

if im totaly honest huni, i havent a clue how to go about getting info on special school as the school hasnt given us these options as of yet as there seeing how he goe son 1st.
But with regards to ur question do we know whats causing him to be the way he is.. NO..
He was 5weeks premature (4lb2) and got neonatal menigitus when he was a day old, Docs told DP that he only had days to live but luckily little man fought on!
I have been hes mother figure (step mum) since Sam was just 6months old so gone through every single milestone with him, and hes still non of the wiser that i aint hes biological mummy as he doesnt have any contact with hes real mum what so ever.
He recently had a MRI brain scan done at Alder Hay and nothing serious came up (only that he had scar tissue which contained fluids which results in hyper bursts from time to time - forgot what pead medical term was?) so tht never realy gave us the answers we was hoping for.
However, i strongly belive he has dispraxia, and im currently waiting for the paed to refer us for these tests to be carried out Smile

• Registered
if im totaly honest huni, i havent a clue how to go about getting info on special school as the school hasnt given us these options as of yet as there seeing how he goe son 1st.
But with regards to ur question do we know whats causing him to be the way he is.. NO..
He was 5weeks premature (4lb2) and got neonatal menigitus when he was a day old, Docs told DP that he only had days to live but luckily little man fought on!
I have been hes mother figure (step mum) since Sam was just 6months old so gone through every single milestone with him, and hes still non of the wiser that i aint hes biological mummy as he doesnt have any contact with hes real mum what so ever.
He recently had a MRI brain scan done at Alder Hay and nothing serious came up (only that he had scar tissue which contained fluids which results in hyper bursts from time to time - forgot what pead medical term was?) so tht never realy gave us the answers we was hoping for.
However, i strongly belive he has dispraxia, and im currently waiting for the paed to refer us for these tests to be carried out Smile
[/quote]

Hi Lea, Sam sounds very lucky to have you Smile I hope he gets on well at school and you get some answers soon.
Take care Claire x

• Registered
sencé has this to she is 5 and 2,1/2 yrs behind due to extreme prematurity.she was born at 25 weeks.and spent 5 months in hospital.Fight

• Registered
Hi Kerry, it sounds like you have a little star Smile born at 25 weeks! how much did she weigh?

• VIP
Thanks Claire Belle. Smile x