• Registered
Hi Daniel, no we had a cooker , washing machine and dryer off them. Never mind will just have to save up until we can afford it.

thanks

• Administrators
(07-13-2010, 03:55 PM)amberash Wrote: Hi Daniel, no we had a cooker , washing machine and dryer off them. Never mind will just have to save up until we can afford it.

thanks

http://www.caudwellchildren.com

I will also dig up my magic list of others Smile
Just wanted to check the family fund option as it can sometimes be more straight forward
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Member awaiting verfication
Hi again,

I've compiled a list of charitable organisations specific to equipment for children with disabilities on Living made easy for children, you can view this here: http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/scenario.php?csid=172.

Really hope someone might be able to help you.

As a cheaper alternative in the meantime, have you thought about glow in the dark stickers up on his ceiling perhaps?
Emily,
DLF Occupational Therapist.

• VIP
Hi. Like your little boy, Jack loves the lights at his portage sensory sessions - but we too found anything like them very expensive! We 'invested' in a 'Twilight Turtle'. It's a lovely green soft, with hard shell, turtle and when switched on projects stars and star formations (for which you get a map to identify them by) onto the ceiling. You can select the colour you want the stars to be from amber, green and blue. The lights stay on for 45 minutes - usually long enough to fall asleep to. We got the turtle off Amazon and it cost about £30. Also from Amazon was bought a bubble tube for £40, which stands about 1.5m tall and has 8 fishes floating around in it. Both are well loved sensory 'toys' at a fraction of the cost!

• Registered
Thank you Susie L66

Going to get one from flea bay for my son and they are cheap. I will also look at the websites. Thanks everybody for being so helpful.