• VIP
Aww speak soon hun, hope weathers good for u both xxxx

• Registered
i got some information from my community nurse, she got it from a nice man at shelter scotland. It has a coverning letter the last paragraph reads
' The glasgow office advise me that families with disability needs in SLC (south lanarkshire council) are sometimes confined to houses that are only on one level e.g. lower 4 in a block or ground floor flats when they could happily live in a two storey house. If this happens get in touch and i can help make a referral to them.'

I was told by the council that because of my daughters needs i would not be concidered for a house at all. I called them yesterday to ay i had recieved this info and they are now sending me yet another form to contest the medical decission.

I will also call and speak to the person from shelter today as there is a perfect house sitting empty and has been for about a month. I want it.

• Registered
taken matters into my own hands. Instead of waiting weeks for the council to send out the appeals form, i am currently printing it off from their website, which of course they didnt tell me about and it was quite hard to find.

• Registered
(07-22-2010, 10:17 AM)Mummy Wrote: taken matters into my own hands. Instead of waiting weeks for the council to send out the appeals form, i am currently printing it off from their website, which of course they didnt tell me about and it was quite hard to find.
There are some interesting things on council websites if you search them wisely....... committee meeting agendas and minutes, job descriptions and easy guides for staff on policy in some cases too.
A lot of council staff are actually discouraged from using web forms or advising customers to use them as it cuts back on red tape and waiting times! (The whole reason the electronic agenda for governemnt was designed and financed in the first place Sad )

• Registered
well emailed the form to the housing services manager, got a reply within hours saying

'I acknowledge receipt of your medical appeal. Please note this is now being processed and we will contact you in due course.'

, then emailed her supporting letters that i have from georgias doctor, OT and physio, no reply about these yet but im lucky i got the first reply so im not holding my breath for another. will call her on monday to see what is happening and how long the appeal take