• Registered
i have 3 children under 10. My youngest is 2 and a half. I seperated from their dad and got a council place, but they could only offer me a upper flat. My daughter didnt have any diagnosis to her condition untill recently, Spastic cerebral palsy, affecting her legs.
I have filled in the medical forms and a new housing form after a run around trying to get them. I took them in on the 1st of june and im still waiting on them coming back, was told 28 days. Calling them tomorrow to chase it up.

I have also called them about 2 suitable houses that where empty but was told 2 different things on the same day and keep being told different thing all the time. 1 of the houses has now been taken but the other is still empty so chasing that tomorrow to.
I feel like im never off the phone to them now.

Angry

• Registered
Time to involve a profesional housing worker of some sort, where are you in the UK? You dont ned this stress and someone higher that a receptionist needs to get a grip of your case.

• Administrators
(07-11-2010, 08:47 PM)Mummy Wrote: i have 3 children under 10. My youngest is 2 and a half. I seperated from their dad and got a council place, but they could only offer me a upper flat. My daughter didnt have any diagnosis to her condition untill recently, Spastic cerebral palsy, affecting her legs.
I have filled in the medical forms and a new housing form after a run around trying to get them. I took them in on the 1st of june and im still waiting on them coming back, was told 28 days. Calling them tomorrow to chase it up.

I have also called them about 2 suitable houses that where empty but was told 2 different things on the same day and keep being told different thing all the time. 1 of the houses has now been taken but the other is still empty so chasing that tomorrow to.
I feel like im never off the phone to them now.

Angry
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!
Hopefully the first of many Smile
The council dont rush we learnt that when we completed the medical needs application Blush
We were told after the 28 days it was 28 working days not including weekends and bank holidays Dodgy
This may explain the delay in giving you an answer.
Dependent on what council you are under they will allocate a home to you based on your needs rather than you choosing an empty property although the older system was better Smile
What council do you come under and ill see if i can find the local policy for you Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
hi fatherjack

I am in south lanarkshire in scotland. I spoke to the council again today and the form is back, we have been given 124 points, which gives me a bottom floor flat, tried to explain to them that when my daughter gets ill she will be on oxygen, which i already have at home and having people upstairs wouldnt be good for her, because they cant guarentee me quiet neighbours. I have now spoken to my paediatric community nurse and they are going to get back to me about someone they know that deals with this sort of thing and could possibly get me more points.

I dont know if i should get my daughters OT or the councils OT to do an assesment on the flat we r in at the mo. I have about 15 concrete stairs down to my front door with a major twist in them at the top, so she has no access to the garden and even if she did the garden is a bomb site from the previous tenants. Carrying her up and down the stairs or bumping her pushchair is really hard on my back as she is now 2.5yrs.

I am completely stressed out over this and just fed up with it, i really need to sit down and someone say this is what we need to do, if that doesnt work we can try this, this and this or just say look there is nothing you can do.

• Registered
Hi again Mummy
The housing law is slightly different in Scotland as it includes several implied rights that we dont have in England or Wales. There is plenty of advice available in your area so first stop is to take a look at Shelter's link here :

http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/getadvice/advice_services_directory?queries_location_query=01CC30&city=South+Lanarkshire&search_page_60752_submit_button=Display+services&current_result_page=1&results_per_page=0&submitted_search_category=&mode=

Give them a call and take their recommendations as to who you need to see, you will feel so much better when someone else is doing all the chasing for you and things will move a lot faster. Councils tend not to try and 'fob off' professional housing workers as when las get broken people's heads do roll Smile