• VIP
(11-10-2009, 07:47 AM)Sarahsmum Wrote: Hi everyone, my name is Kelly- I have an 22 month old daughter with cerebral palsy.
She was born at 28 weeks gestation so its been a tough journey from the very begining.
Are their any other parents of children with CP on the forum?
Anyway just wanted to say hello to people on the forum as hopefully we will be talking for a while to come

Hi i have two daughters that have CP, both were diagnosed last july within 24 hrs of each other, which was a blow!
We knew something was wrong with our youngest daughter who at the time was 20 months old and unable to sit unaided, crawl etc. She is 2 yrs and 2 months now and still cant sit up but she is starting to have cramps at night and cant straighten her legs and screams the house down, but there is nothing they can do! Our other daughter Emilie who is almost 4yrs can walk however her feet turn in a bit and she has a funny walk and run and has a tendency to fall over a bit!
However they are both bright girls and very happy Smile
Donna

• Registered
Hi i also have an 11yr old daughter who has cerabral palsy, she was born prem at just 26wks she only weighed 448 grams and wasn't expected to live through the night but she did, she is my world and love her so much.

• Administrators
(02-13-2010, 05:28 PM)angie Wrote: Hi i also have an 11yr old daughter who has cerabral palsy, she was born prem at just 26wks she only weighed 448 grams and wasn't expected to live through the night but she did, she is my world and love her so much.
Thanks for the introduction.
Excellent to hear some news of a postive nature.
I couldnt imagine being told that my child wouldnt make it through the night.
Amazing news and hopefully bring hope to others who may face the same at somepoint.
Welcome to the forum and stick around as im sure there are mums and dads who will benefit from your experiences!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(02-14-2010, 12:08 AM)Daniel Wrote:
(02-13-2010, 05:28 PM)angie Wrote: Hi i also have an 11yr old daughter who has cerabral palsy, she was born prem at just 26wks she only weighed 448 grams and wasn't expected to live through the night but she did, she is my world and love her so much.
Thanks for the introduction.
Excellent to hear some news of a postive nature.
I couldnt imagine being told that my child wouldnt make it through the night.
Amazing news and hopefully bring hope to others who may face the same at somepoint.
Welcome to the forum and stick around as im sure there are mums and dads who will benefit from your experiences!

I too idolise ur bravery.. nice to see ur daughter fought on and won the big battle to live.. Shes done amazingly well and im sure your extremely proud!! (My stepson was born at 35wks doesnt have CP but was also given a few days to live as he had neonatal meningitis and they thought he wasnt going to pull through.. and its heartbreaking to even look and see he was close to the end even though i wasnt around at that time so i wouldnt like to have been in your shoes knowing your child had limited time) However im glad to see you got a positive outcome, and that she has continued to do well.. Bless her lil sole!
Lea xxxxxxx

• Registered
my daughter is 7 years old now and got diagnosed with cp about 6 months ago which is late in age for a diagnosis but her old consultant woulnt give her scan even though i asked for it so went undianosed for years