• Registered
(11-11-2009, 11:23 PM)katiebubbles Wrote: Hi there my daughter has cerebral palsy she is now 23 so a lot older than your Children she also has epilepsy she can walk a bit but not very safe she is really content and enjoys going to her day centre and art classes
it hs been a long haul getting to the stage lm at now but everyday has been worth it hope to be able to share some experiences with you all

take care
Katiebubbles

hi there im linda my daughter is 12 and could walk about 3 years ago but now is wheelchair bound ,hope u dont mind me asking but u say ur daughter is walking now ,was she not walking before ,if not how have u learnt her to walk xx

• VIP
Hi am new to this site;I have 3 disabled children and Hope ( my youngest) will be 12 in 11 days and has severe cp. She cannot sit roll stand use her hands/arms, has no speech and has cvi. Hope is gastrostomy fed with nothing orally as she has an unsafe swallow. She does however understand everything. Hope was born at 27 weeks to a heroin user and I had her on her 2nd birthday. We live in Scotland.Disappear

• Registered
(05-01-2010, 06:06 PM)hazel52 Wrote: Hi am new to this site;I have 3 disabled children and Hope ( my youngest) will be 12 in 11 days and has severe cp. She cannot sit roll stand use her hands/arms, has no speech and has cvi. Hope is gastrostomy fed with nothing orally as she has an unsafe swallow. She does however understand everything. Hope was born at 27 weeks to a heroin user and I had her on her 2nd birthday. We live in Scotland.Disappear

Wow, My hat of to you in a huge way for your amazing loving attitude to life! xx

• VIP
My daughter turned 12 on wed and has seere dyskinetic quadriplegic cerebral palsy. She was born at 27 weks to a heroin user and I had her on her 2nd birthday. She can do nothing at all--cannot sit roll talk use her hands etc but is a bright cheerful cheeky preteen! She also has cortical isual impairment so the main challenge in life is keeping her from getting bored. She is totally dependent on gastrostomy feeding as she has a silent aspiration. Despite all these problems she loes life and lives it to the full.

• VIP
hi iam the mum of a 3yr old little boy who has quad cp, chronic lung disease and he is gastrostomy fed. he was born in poor condition and had to be resusatated for 12mins he went straight into special care he finally came home after 4 months. he was over 2 before he could sit unaided, he charges around in a walking frame watch your toes! is an absolute handful but i feel iam a better, stronger person for having been blessed by my little boy! he has taught me sooo much!
I never thought it would happen to me.