• Registered
Hi everyone, my name is Kelly- I have an 22 month old daughter with cerebral palsy.
She was born at 28 weeks gestation so its been a tough journey from the very begining.
Are their any other parents of children with CP on the forum?
Anyway just wanted to say hello to people on the forum as hopefully we will be talking for a while to come

• Registered
hi kelly in new here to. my son is 14months and we are waiting to find out if he has CP he was born at 29 weeks, my daughter was born at 28 weeks and i know how tough the journey can be. how old was your daughter when she was diagnosed?

• Registered
Hi, I'm Vicky, I've just joined today, my son is 3 on friday, he was also born premature at 30 weeks, he was disgnosed with Cerebral Palsy about 6 months ago, he also has a form of epilespy aswel for which tests are still being carried out, he has black spells at least once a day, most of the time he comes out of these 'fairly quickly' and returns to his normal happy slef, other times he comes out of them confused, distressed and distraught.

His Cerebral Palsy affects quite a lot of his everyday life, he has poor co-ordination and a lack of stamina, he wears protective head wear as he falls over alot. He can walk very short distances before needing his pushchair. I'm very lucky to have the support I have with the medical profession and also my family and friends.

• Registered
(11-10-2009, 02:54 PM)xxemmyjanexx Wrote: hi kelly in new here to. my son is 14months and we are waiting to find out if he has CP he was born at 29 weeks, my daughter was born at 28 weeks and i know how tough the journey can be. how old was your daughter when she was diagnosed?
We got the diagnossis 2 months ago still we are still on that trail of self discovery so to speak.
These things can take time as they have other stuff they have to rule out firstly.
Its a journey of learning every day still for us and i know your obviously worried at this point but do rememeber if you can find the issues you can start to try and deal with things.

• Registered
i have found that as oisin get older he is needing to sleep more and more. he can olny support himself ie sitting,playing on the floor,comando crawling for about 15mins and then he is exhausted and needs to sleep.
he still sleeps like a new born somedays! did either of you find this with you children?
Kelly i know what you meen about a journey of learning. since september oisin's care has totally change and we are now house bound with him untill march. we have learned so much since then but it can be a very frustating time as well.
we feel like we are in limbo. we dont know whats going happen next.
also does your child have problems re eating? sorry for being nosy just wondering
emmy xx