• VIP
Hi

We received Jasmine's buggy last October and it has made our lives so much easier. A month later received her motability car as well.. needed a bigger one for moving her buggy and standing frame around Smile
Suddenly she's started to have anger outbursts.. She can be all happy happy and then suddenly have her fists up and scream like mad.. I started to wheel her into "naughty corner" so she'd know it's not on but not sure if it works.. she does quiet down but then seems to tell me off in her own cute language Big Grin She's good as angel with everybody else though.. in school they all think she's a happy little princess with a smile for everyone.. Smile

• VIP
(10-30-2010, 07:36 PM)princessmaisydolly Wrote: sorry for the very late reply kat, i have been so busy, i just have not had the time to do anything! Maisy whole body is affected she has very low tones but then can get very high muscle tone! How about your little girl? Cant wait now to get our pram, me and my partner went for something to eat the otrher day and it was so akward because she hates being in her pram so we both have to hold her whilst eating so will be brilliant when we get the new pram! We have had good news aswell maisy has just been awarded the higher rate dla which is going to be a great help. The only thing i am struggling with at the minute is PEOPLE! they ask me how old she is and when i reply that she is 1 i can see it going over in there mind and then i feel i have to explain everything to them which can be very frustrating!

Jasmine's getting higher rate dla as well + after her 3rd birthday we got a motability car. I know what you mean about going out to eat when your child hasn't got a proper buggy. Jasmine used to hate it. We haven't been out much at all, just easier in your own home. But now we've got her buggy R82 serval, it's so much easier. The only downfall is that its big and heavy.. i need to swap my car because it doesnt fit in without putting back seats down. But at least Jasmine's happier.
You should ignore people and try not to think what they might think - just be happy and proud of your little Maisy Smile

• Established member
Just wondered if any of you have or know of anyone who has a child who has been diagnosed with Woster Drought syndrome which is related to the pausy family. We have had this as a preliminary diagnosis and are awaiting a GOSH appointment and MRI for them to double check and say 'yes' or consider another option - though our pead is 90% sure she has diagnosed (finally) correctly.

It's so lovely to find a place where people understand and are willing to talk

• VIP
(02-16-2011, 04:00 PM)lauren11 Wrote: Hi there. I am 22 and a final year student at University. I am researching Cerebral Palsy for my dissertation and would be very very grateful if someone could take some time to email me to have a chat about your experience with a child with CP.
I have to do 3 interviews for my research, i have already done one face to face with someone in my area but i am finding it very difficult to find 2more parents due to confidentiality Sad
Its just a general chit chat and i have several questions-telephone or email is fine. I am running out of time i am expecting a baby in 5weeks time and also have a 3yr old and would really like to complete my work before baby comes.You would be a life saver if you could spare some time to talk. This is also the career path i want to go down, so not only for research it would be great knowledge for my career. All info would be kept confidential, no names would be used and you would have access to my work if you wanted and i would also send you a consent form in the post. Thankyou.
Please email if you are interested.

I have a 4 year old boy with cerebral palsy. Please feel free to PM me with your email address. I'm happy to answer questions by email or phon, whichever is easier for you.
Heart Lizzie Heart

Mummy to a lovely boy called Jack who is 4.
Jack has Cerebral Palsy, Auditory Neuropathy, Cerebral Visual Impairment and Nystagmus.

• Registered
I have a 2 1/2 year old id twins, josh has cp( assymmetric quad), feel free to pm me your email address and i to will answer any questions you have Shaz