• Registered
(11-10-2009, 07:47 AM)Sarahsmum Wrote: Hi everyone, my name is Kelly- I have an 22 month old daughter with cerebral palsy.
She was born at 28 weeks gestation so its been a tough journey from the very begining.
Are their any other parents of children with CP on the forum?
Anyway just wanted to say hello to people on the forum as hopefully we will be talking for a while to come

hiya i am new on here my daughter is now 10 she has cerable palsy hers was caused when she was ill when she was a few weeks old.
It is a long journey but she has made everyday of my life worth while and she continues to amaze me,if you need a chat someone to yell at just let me know anytime x

• Registered
Hi
I also have a 22 month old daughter with CP and cortical blindness. She has short gut as she developed NEC after being born premature too. We have just moved here after living in the US for 4 years. She is sitting up but not crawling or walking yet...

• Registered
Hi my name is Mel and I have a six year old son who was diagnosed with moderate ataxic CP when he was seven months old. Owen is at our local mainstream infant school, is mobile but uses a wheelchair over long distances as he tires very easily and is basically your typical cheeky six year old!!!
He has severe truncal hypotonia (very low muscle tone to his trunk) which means he wears a full length lycra suit during the day to help his muscles and the ataxia causes his hands to shake whenever he tries to do anything but he is a happy child who has defied medical opinion to walk, talk and feed himself despite the dr's saying he would be unable to do pretty much anything for himself when he was a baby. The main thing I have probably learnt over the last few years is to never underestimate what my child can achieve because he always goes on to prove me wrong whenever I doubt him!!!!!
If you ever want to talk or rant send me a message and I will help if I can.

• Registered
(11-11-2009, 11:23 PM)katiebubbles Wrote: Hi there my daughter has cerebral palsy she is now 23 so a lot older than your Children she also has epilepsy she can walk a bit but not very safe she is really content and enjoys going to her day centre and art classes
it hs been a long haul getting to the stage lm at now but everyday has been worth it hope to be able to share some experiences with you all

take care
Katiebubbles

hi i hope you dont think i am being cheeky does/did your daughter have any behavuorial problems i am struggling to understand my daughters behaviour and we are now not sure if there is something else underlying the cerabel palsy x

• Registered

hiya , i have a 6 yr old son been diagnosed for about 4 yrs now, just last yr he had bottox in his legs because his muscles was becoming very tight, the bottox worked for a little bit, but wasnt hugely succesfull, but every child is different! i hope it works for you x