• Registered
its a short hold tenacy renew every 6 mths ive been a tentant for just over a year now

• Registered
(07-06-2010, 11:13 PM)mummy to 3 Wrote: its a short hold tenacy renew every 6 mths ive been a tentant for just over a year now

You are fine then, I thought that was the case Smile some landlords can be funny during the first six months of a new tenancy and take you to court for the remainder of the contract (they dont always win but it's still stressful) Out of interest did the landlord or their agent get you to pay a fee for the agreement every six months? I ask because although not illegal there is no need to renew an assured shorthold agreement as the law assumes it will run until notice to quit is served.

• Administrators
As Fatherjack said its fine then Smile
A simple 4 weeks notice on a roll over contract so get that notice in if you are sure its all going ahead Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(07-07-2010, 05:23 AM)fatherjack Wrote:
(07-06-2010, 11:13 PM)mummy to 3 Wrote: its a short hold tenacy renew every 6 mths ive been a tentant for just over a year now

You are fine then, I thought that was the case Smile some landlords can be funny during the first six months of a new tenancy and take you to court for the remainder of the contract (they dont always win but it's still stressful) Out of interest did the landlord or their agent get you to pay a fee for the agreement every six months? I ask because although not illegal there is no need to renew an assured shorthold agreement as the law assumes it will run until notice to quit is served.

im not sure what you mean he sends out the contarct and then i sign it hes coming next week so ill have a speak with him

• Registered
Some landlords and agents charge you a fee (sometimes up to £100) to renew the tenancy, if you had been charged it you would know so dont panic Smile