• Registered
we have been offered another bungalow which will be ready a week on monday Smile so we could be in this one within a mouth so we have turned down the one that was going to be ready for jan 11 we havent signed uop for it yet but so will do im so happy and glad things are looking up just hoping landlord lets me end my tenacy early otherwise ill be stuck paying 2 lots of rent for 5 mths which cannot be possible done Sad but ill cross that bridge when i come to it

• Registered
(07-06-2010, 05:49 PM)mummy to 3 Wrote: we have been offered another bungalow which will be ready a week on monday Smile so we could be in this one within a mouth so we have turned down the one that was going to be ready for jan 11 we havent signed uop for it yet but so will do im so happy and glad things are looking up just hoping landlord lets me end my tenacy early otherwise ill be stuck paying 2 lots of rent for 5 mths which cannot be possible done Sad but ill cross that bridge when i come to it

You can end your tenancy with 4 weeks notice, that's the law so dont panic.
If there is an overlap then submit a claim for dual housing benefit and state your reasons clearly or get a welfare benefits adviser to do it for you....... you will have enough expense without feeling like you have to pay 2 lots of rent!
I hope the house is just as good as the other one you were going to have to wait for Smile

• VIP
(07-06-2010, 06:18 PM)fatherjack Wrote:
(07-06-2010, 05:49 PM)mummy to 3 Wrote: we have been offered another bungalow which will be ready a week on monday Smile so we could be in this one within a mouth so we have turned down the one that was going to be ready for jan 11 we havent signed uop for it yet but so will do im so happy and glad things are looking up just hoping landlord lets me end my tenacy early otherwise ill be stuck paying 2 lots of rent for 5 mths which cannot be possible done Sad but ill cross that bridge when i come to it

You can end your tenancy with 4 weeks notice, that's the law so dont panic.
If there is an overlap then submit a claim for dual housing benefit and state your reasons clearly or get a welfare benefits adviser to do it for you....... you will have enough expense without feeling like you have to pay 2 lots of rent!
I hope the house is just as good as the other one you were going to have to wait for Smile

That's handy to know, Fatherjack, I am hoping to move in the next year or so and I wondered what the deal was with the giving-notice. Thank you! Smile

• Registered
Glad to be of help Smile the 4 weeks can still be negotiated if you have a nice landlord (there are some, honestly) but basic provision is 2 months from landlord to tenant and 4 weeks from tenant to landlord Smile

• Administrators
What sort of tenancy are you in and how long you been a tenant?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE