• Administrators
I just read an interesting article in the paper about a boy of 4 with aspergers that benefited from art therapy. Obviously I am in no way suggesting it is any sort of miracle cure or anything but I just wondered if anyone had tried it and what you thought of it? did it help in any way, such as expression of the child feelings or communication??
Just curious Big Grin

Lucy xx

• Registered
I haven't tried art therapy but we've found music therapy to be very helpful. Maybe it depends what they're interested in - my son has always loved music and been quite responsive to it. If you can get him to draw anything though its about 2 seconds of scribble and then if I say "what's that?" he says "its black and red" (or whatever colour it is) and then he's running off so I'm not sure if art therapy would work. Do you know how it works or what they do?

• Administrators
Not exactly, I read it is a form of expression which I suppose that is what art is to most people anyway, but it said it can help them express what they cannot in other ways! I don't really know how they get the children to focus though, maybe it's for older children Confused was just curious really. Music therapy sounds alot more fun Big Grin

xx

• Registered
Music therapy is very good I'd definately recommend it as long as the child likes music/singing. Its really helped me work out some things that are going on as well - why Owen reacts the way he does sometimes.

• Administrators
Hi Bessie,
When did you start the music therapy and what would you say were the key benefits of Music therapy?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE