• Registered
Thankyou lucy.

It really helps being able to talk to people who know what you are feeling. I am constantly questioning myself on how i should be feeling. I love my daughter no matter what, i just want the best for her, she is such a little happy smiley baby and her being like that makes everything so much better!

• Administrators
Things are raw for you right now and your feeling down about things.
We have all been there and if im honest im sure there a moment in everyones day when they get down about there childs special needs even years on.
Its been a a couple of years for us now and it still hurts Smile
Remember every child varies even disabled children.
Our son Euan isnt meant to be achieving some of the things he is but he is....
My simple advice is dont always take the doctors word for granted and look at options and dont be scared to ask the doctor questions if you need answers.
If you leave appointments and you get home and have a question write it down for next appointment or call them up and ask.
Your learning as well and the more knowledge you have the more you will be able to deal with things better.

I can imagine how you feel right now but at the same point everybody goes through a unique diagnosis period so i cant pretend i know exactly how you feel but surround your self with knowledge,freinds and family where possible and never be afraid to ask questions or for help as it can get tough sometimes.

As im sure you can see there are some fantastic members here who can help and guide you and stick around and get involved and you can join us all on the life long learning curve we are all on and one day you yourself will be able to advise a parent who is where you are right now.
Its great to have you on the site and as i said anything we can do to help just ask Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
When i look at her sometimes, i think to myself will she ever be able to sit on her own, crawl, walk. I even then think will she ever have a boyfirend, get married. No one can tell us what is going to happen in the future and thats so frustrating I know they cant tell us the future but just the slightest bit of information to prepare us for the future would help! Maisy is slowly developing and has started to do some more things which is brilliant to see!

It's hard at some appointments, because i feel when i ask a question they don't answer with a straight answer they feed me with a load of medical jargon!
I think you learn without even knowing your learning at times, i suppose you just adapt to things and it does feel normal!

I am so glad i have joined this forum as i really do think i will need to talk to member as the weeks go on!

Many thanks for the advice i really do appreciate makes me feel so much positive!

• Moderators
i think most doctors hold back on giving worst case scenario because nobody can see into the future, each child is different and they dont want to say she wont do this/that as you may go away and give up, you have to choose how much your daughter can do and she will decide that for herself as well, the best thing to do at the moment is live for today and dont think to much about what will happen in 15years time as nobody knows, but like has been said, you will treasure every little step your princess makes and appreciate them more because she has worked hard for them
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
Just revisiting this post and i was wondering in terms of care needs have you yet made a claim for disability living allowance as of yet?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE