• Registered
Me and my partner have just found out our beautiful daughter may have cerebal palsy. At the minute i am finding it very hard to accept, one minute im okay and try to stay positive and the next minute i just want to cry. I love my daughter maisy so much more than life its self. When the doctor told my my child was going to be severley disabled last week it broke my heart. I wanted my child to be able to do everything, i had so many ideas and plans i had wanted to do with her but now i just dont no what to expect for the future. God i sound so selfish but i just wanted my family to be perfect. My daughter doesn't look disabled but at 8 months still isnt able to hold her head properly, she also has stiff arms and legs and has a very tight grasp. I want to prove the doctor wrong i want maisy to be able to do the things he said she wont, i really do believe she will do things if we get the right support and if me and sam work with her.

At the minute i feel lost i just want to talk to someone who understands how i feel. Me and my partner are very close but are 2 totally different people so we have reacted differently, he has accepted it very well.

If anyone reads this and has an understanding of how i feel or has any advice please write back.

Many thanks chelsea, sam and maisy moo!

• VIP
I think you'll find a lot of comfort from the people on this forum, everyone is very helpful and understanding and there'll always be someone how knows what you're going through. In time I think you'll accept what the doctors say but some people do take a while longer and deal with things differently, I'm glad you and your partner are close and that you have each other as it's so hard to go through these times on your own. Am thinking of you.

• Registered
Thankyou, just having someone reply to that make me feel so much better.

• Administrators
hi and welcome to the forum!

I think pretty much everyone on here can totally understand how you feel hun, its natural to have hopes and dreams for your child and when you get a blow like you have it feels like your grieving for the child you hoped for. it doesnt mean you love her any less and i am sure she will outshine the doctors and prove them wrong with a little work! you'll just come to learn that each milestone she reaches mens so much more Smile

Our son is 3, he has a rare genetic condition called cystinosis, he was diagnosed at 13months but was ill for a while before, we were searching for a diagnosis but i dont think we ever expected the one we got and i still find it hard to deal with at times now. its just become life now, i couldnt imagine him any other way, hes such a character and proves us wrong all the time

luce xx

• VIP
Am with Lucy in that the milestones, when Maisy reaches them will be amazing and you'll be blown away, even little things, like Maddie this week has learnt to say the word "orange", she's been able to sign it, but this week she's learnt to say it and it was such an emotional moment when she picked a piece of satsuma up and said "oy-inge!" Smile