• VIP
Hi everyone

We are having an extension built for our youngest daughter who has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Lissencephaly, Microcephaly and Spina-Bifida. Ideally within her bedroom I would like to have a darkened 'tent' area to make a sensory room. Has anyone evey come across anything like this? The only ones I've seen are too small for me to be able to get her into as they seem to be for babies.

Thanks in advance
Kirsty x
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• Established member
I couldn't post the links on here as I am new so I have sent you an email with some links that might be what you are after (sorry if they are not the right thing)

• Member awaiting verfication
Hello Kirsty,

The section on multisensory environments in Living made easy for children lists a number of products available that can help you set up a sensory area in your home. You may also find the section on visual (sight) stimulation useful. Some suppliers of this type of equipment can assist you to set something up that suits the space you have available, however it is a good idea to check whether this will incur an additional cost prior to arranging a visit.

An Occupational Therapist may also be able to offer advice on the best way to set up a sensory environment for your child.

I hope you have found this information useful.
Jacqui
DLF Occupational Therapist

• VIP
Thanks guys found the perfect one on 'Living made easy'. Just need to get help to fund it now if possible!

Kirsty x
Mum to 3 gorgeous girls Bethany (12), Amyrose (7) and Chloe (4). Chloe has Septo-Optic Displaysia, Bilateral Schizencephaly, Microcephaly, Lissencephaly, Spina Bifida Occulta, Global Developmetal Delay and Epilepsy. But has a smile that can light up the grumpiest persons day!

• Registered
Pleased to see you have found the perfect item.
I have today rung and spoke with someone from Caudwell with regardsto Sensory equipment/items and she seemed very positive. They may be worth a try. Lots of look and be sure to post pics of the converstion when it's finished, it's very encouraging for others. xxx

http://www.caudwellchildren.com/