• VIP
We were at Haigh hall country park yesterday and they had a swing which was orange and was a bit like a deck chair, it had handles on either side and the seat had slats in it.
I was told it was a disabled persons seat but i couldn't find it on the internet yesterday. I have found quite a few that are similar but they have harnessess on which i don't want - the one at the park didn't have any.
Has anyone seen this type of swing and know where we could get one from as killian is dyspraxic anumgst other things and loses his balance easy on the swings so i thought this swing would be perfect for us.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators
I know the exact swing you refer to as our local park has one but trying to find one on the net is hard Blush
But managed to in the end i think Blush
http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/children/outdoor-swings-%26-rockers/inclusive-seat-0047943-217-information.htm
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Bravo to you, have a feeling its going to cost alot though with the 'price on application'.

Thanks

• Banned
(07-01-2010, 11:24 PM)staceygarrity Wrote: Bravo to you, have a feeling its going to cost alot though with the 'price on application'.

Thanks

How about asking the Family Fund or something like that to help? Also it's worth inquiring if it can be zero rated for VAT which could bring the price down. Even OT may be able to help with the grants and equipment thing, I had a huge set to with my local office about things like this but it quite clearly states in Every Child Matters that play is an essential part of a child's development so they may fund it subject to income etc

My motto is "If you don't ask, you don't get"

Hope you manage to get one

• Administrators
(07-01-2010, 11:24 PM)staceygarrity Wrote: Bravo to you, have a feeling its going to cost alot though with the 'price on application'.

Thanks

Not sure...
Sometimes the POA is because they need to confirm the pricing with the suppliers.
But i agree it doesnt look cheap does it.....
Whats you guess?

Me i reckon around about the £800-£1000 mark Huh
But you could consider the family fund or maybe newlife?

Did you contact them to obtain a price at all?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE