• Established member
Just want to say thank you all for your advice. I sent the letter off a couple of weeks ago, had a reply the following week and today the school SENCO came up to me and said she has everything ready to send off and would I like copies. I can't believe how quick this has happened after fighting and struggling with the school to get it started for the last 7 months, it has been done within 2 weeks!!

So thank you all for your advice, if it weren't for that I would still be waiting..................

• Administrators
(07-21-2010, 05:45 PM)mummy 2 connor Wrote: Just want to say thank you all for your advice. I sent the letter off a couple of weeks ago, had a reply the following week and today the school SENCO came up to me and said she has everything ready to send off and would I like copies. I can't believe how quick this has happened after fighting and struggling with the school to get it started for the last 7 months, it has been done within 2 weeks!!

So thank you all for your advice, if it weren't for that I would still be waiting..................

Fantastic news Smile
One step completed and im so glad the school seem to be co-operating now.
What do you think the reason was for the school delaying firstly?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Established member
The last time I spoke to the school, before sending my letter the SENCO basically said she was dealing with more 'needy' children than Connor.

But in my eyes Connor is 'more' important.

But am glad things are finally moving

• Registered
If all that fails, a friend of mine said that she went to her local MP who helped to get her daughter statemented. Might be worth keeping on the back burner if you do encounter any problems.

• VIP
sorry don't know nothing about Fragile X, I think it took about 6 months for Ben's statment to come through. He has been at a special school for 6 months and it's amazing to see the change in him.
Have you been in contact with your LEA and ask them if tehy could help you.