• VIP
Hi thanks for all the replies. We are still waiting for OT but we do have a physio. I'll try them first!
Jo x

• Member awaiting verfication
(07-07-2010, 11:06 AM)Jo+3 Wrote: Hi thanks for all the replies. We are still waiting for OT but we do have a physio. I'll try them first!
Jo x

Hi Jo,

Many wheelchair services now offer a self-referral system so that you don't have to wait for your OT to this. However, if they do require a referral your child's GP or physio can also make it (or even another health professional - check with your local service who they accept referrals from) ... this might speed up the process for you.

You can find your local wheelchair service here,
or you can read our advice about wheelchair services on Living made easy for children.

Hope that's of some help.
Emily,
DLF Occupational Therapist.

• Registered
speek to your GP and OT .. wheel chair services here in southampton are fab (in my personal experience) we were looking to buy a Mclaren Major on EBAY.. but then we were told to ask our gp .. i was so pleased to get the referal .. they measured him ... helped me put it up and down .. and i have had it for over two years now .. thankfully dont use it as often as i used to and it lives in the car (when i went to get my new car .. the first thing i did was make sure it fitted in the boot ..) i wouldnt/couldnt be without it .... the only downside is over the years i still havnt managed to find a rain cover !

• VIP
(07-12-2010, 04:21 PM)nellie-anne Wrote: speek to your GP and OT .. wheel chair services here in southampton are fab (in my personal experience) we were looking to buy a Mclaren Major on EBAY.. but then we were told to ask our gp .. i was so pleased to get the referal .. they measured him ... helped me put it up and down .. and i have had it for over two years now .. thankfully dont use it as often as i used to and it lives in the car (when i went to get my new car .. the first thing i did was make sure it fitted in the boot ..) i wouldnt/couldnt be without it .... the only downside is over the years i still havnt managed to find a rain cover !

If you're still interested in a raincover there's these ones on Ebay. Smile

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAINCOVER-MACLAREN-MAJOR-SPECIAL-NEEDS-BUGGY-/350307022606?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Baby_Pushchair_Accessories_parts_ET&hash=item518fecf70e#ht_5829wt_754
Julie xx

• Registered
hi my son has just received his first wheelchair and i am just wondering where i can get some spoke guards for it.any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks