• Administrators
Atos are the firm doing the ESA assesments and its been shambolic to the core and these assesments will most likely be done by some of these companies or similar.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
That's another worry to add to everything else.

• VIP
I kinda think it could be a good thing tho cos so many ppl claim DLA who shouldnt be and this assessment will stop all that , i personally would hope they doont do assessments for conditions like autism/adhd ect as this would be impossible to comment on within a short meeting!

I am getting the feeling it is more for the ppl with conditions that can be looked into ie "Back problems" things like that

I do however believe a meeting with a professional would be a good thing to discuss face to face the childs condition as i find fillng out the forms soo hard and a face to face chat would be alot easier.

I really don't think ppl should worry just yet , i dont think this new rule is to take a much needed benefit from disable children i think its more to sniff out the ones who are fausely claiming which would be mainly adults!

i mean how could they possibly know my son wets the bed and smears on his wall in a short assessment or that he kicks n screams wen i try and get him to school ?? they'd have to take my word for it , where as if someone has a back condition a doctor can assess this and make sure it is present and if that person is unable to work ect

xx

• Registered
I am pretty sure they will be looking at sickness benefits before DLA and that will weed out a lot of the 'scroungers'. ESA assessments are a sham and like Daniel says, they cost more than they saved in benefits ........ let's see waht Frank Field and his team come back with over the next 6 to 12 months as medical assessment can also mean a paper exercise where a doctor or nurse will review our cases and decide whether a face to face medical is needed or whether the case is proved on evidence allready submitted .
I do hope that Mr Cameron keeps his word about protecting our vulnerable.... without making us all jump through even more hoops to prove how much the financial help is needed.

• VIP
Well i'm happy to go to number 10 and knock on his door if he doesnt lol