• Established member
i wish they would explain it better i really do so confusing but fingers crossed thats what they meant x
[Image: S5034407.jpg]

• Administrators
Its still quite new and no doubt more details will follow in the coming days about the assessment's announced in todays budget.
Ive looked around and cant find much about the planned DLA changes.
What worries me though is they say ALL DLA CLAIMANTS will need to go through a medical assesment.
I know many children will pass the disability living allowance assesment but what about some conditions where stuff is not so obviously wrong?

Also i wonder if the DLA assesments will cause complications such as:

Cost of disability living allowance assesments may out weight savings
Also the Disability living allowance processing time will no doubt increase in a major way and i believe it will take 3-5 months for new DLA applications with major problems at first and around the 6 month mark for proccessing.
If you look at the mess the goverment had with the ESA when that was brought in it created chaos and mess and actually costs more in terms of applications and processing and appeals than the old system did.

I am in the process of drafting an email to the chancellor's office to seek some reassurances that children will not suffer as a result of the changes to the Disability living allowance application process.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Thank you for your replies and to Daniel for raising all those points and questions on our children's behalf. It's such a worry because our children are not performing monkeys, and as you say the disability is not always so obvious and the same 24/7. Plus, what about night time care needs too, how can they prove/disprove this.

Thanks again.

• VIP
i agree with dan some of our children have no obvious illness to the eye what will happen then?

• Established member
can see this being a nightmare did anyone watch the programme a couple of weeks ago about atos who do medical assessments for the government me thinks thats who will be doing this xx
[Image: S5034407.jpg]