• Administrators
(11-05-2009, 09:04 PM)bessie Wrote: I would definately not get pushed into starting potty training too early.

I agree, I panicked a bit when the nursery asked me if I wanted to start him and said no, but it got me thinking that maybe I should.....even though realistically I knew he wasn't ready. So now he will sit on a potty and wee but I have given up formally trying to potty train him for now as it just got too stressfull. I couldnt even contemplate taking him out without a nappy on, he would probably of wee'd himself by the time I reached the end of the garden path! I am also glad I checked with the school about him starting with nappies and they were ok, as I was also panicking about this! (gosh I sound like a panicky person lol) At the end of the day, I know he will manage it eventually, I think I just need to give him more time to gather his understanding and improve his communication skill before trying formally again. I am hoping the school may be able to help me when it comes to it Confused I hope.....

Lucy xx

• Registered
i had been having a go with my daughter, and we had about 2 sucessful days out of a week. the other days my daughter couldnt torlerate even having it in the room and i had no choice but to put her a nappy on. i do give her a good try without a nappy such as yesterday she went and got on the potty herself and pee'd. i took her to nursery and proudly said she used the potty and in return i got a horrified look and asked what she had on now, she had a nappy on as it was more unsucessful than sucessful.

• Registered
I found a useful sticker called "my wee friend". You stick it in the bottom of the potty & a picture of a star shows up when a wee goes in. It was expensive (about £5!!!!!) but helped (a bit) & it did last for ages.

• Administrators
(11-08-2009, 09:17 PM)bessie Wrote: You stick it in the bottom of the potty & a picture of a star shows up when a wee goes in.

Do you reckon i could charge extra if i put a picture of Gordon Brown on a stickerTongueBig Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
that would be good for a boy but i could see my daughter doing a forwrd roll trying to look and pee on it at the same time - thats if she even noticed it in the first place. her hearing test was a hoot!