• Administrators
I hope so......4 would just about do for the night let alone the day! I think I might pop in and enquire in advance just to find out exactly how it works! need to take my littlest one to be weighed anyway so whilst I am there I may aswell!

xx

• Registered
I would definately not get pushed into starting potty training too early. There are loads of people going on at you telling you that you ought to etc. Once you start you can't really go back & it just causes problems. If I could turn back time I would definately have waited longer and not got pushed into it before he was ready. All we have had is years of wet carpet!

• Administrators
I think to a degree it is one of those things when you simply know what suits your child and to do what you think is best.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
We get free nappies (and pull-ups) also but we were assessed by the Learning Disabilities Centre, part of our local hospital.

We have been 'toilet training' Jack for months, starting with putting him on the toilet and giving masses of praise and clapping when he (finally) did a wee. It will probably be a long time before he can tell us when he needs to go, so our goal is to extend the time between toilet visits. We started at taking him every 10-15 minutes over a 2-3 hour period, now he can 'hold on' for over three quarters of an hour before weeing. We're trying to get him to realise that he can hang on until he's taken if you get my drift. It's not ideal and if we go out he wears his pull-ups, but it's a start! I would have given anything at the start for a downstairs loo thoughTongue

• Administrators
(11-07-2009, 10:42 AM)MaggieMay Wrote: but it's a start! I would have given anything at the start for a downstairs loo thoughTongue
Aint it funny!Tongue
I would prefer an upstairs looTongue
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE