• Administrators
I do think you should make a complaint to the unit so they are aware of the comments made.
I strongly doubt they will be able to do anything though as they will say you must have misheard!
Theres one thing worse than an idiot and thats a lying idiot.... Dodgy
Keep your chin up and the only freak there is that foul mouthed cow!
Dont avoid going and make a point of going and staying strong.. Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
thanks everyone,thats what i was thinking daniel,it would be my word against theirs. i am going to make a complaint though,just wish a snide remark would come to me rather than the urge to rearrange their facial features!!
it was just really hurtful,he is only a baby and to be honest i was watching BOTH my Children and she couldn't be bothered to watch her one.
I'm sure i will get my evil glare down to perfection,i just can't believe how many rude and ignorant people there are out there.even before having my Children i wouldn't have dreamt of staring at people with tubes/oxygen.
thank you for the kind words,i was really upset yesterday,now i'm angry i let that idiot make me feel bad about taking my children out.i'm still not sure if i will go back to that group again,but i don't want to keep him locked away.

• VIP
If that had happen to me and My son I would have turned around and said " My child maybe differant but at least he's not a delinquent who will probley end up in jail"
I bet that would have shut her up people like that really piss me off, they have no idea whats around the corner for them or thier family her little delinquent son when he grows up and has Children could be in the same boat as you I wonder if she will call her grandchild the same name.

I agree that you should report this to the surestart staff and tell them how you feel

And don't let people like that put you or your son down your worth more that them.

Bernie
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• Administrators
I was just wondering if maybe you had the confidence to arrange a talk in the group at all?
Like a Living with a disabled child talk in which you could explain whats wrong with your son and how you find life and how your life revolves around him in every sense.
Some people are just plain idiots and others just need educating.
Maybe if your not confident enough you could ask the group leader to do a little feature and then you could do a little about us feature.
I think it could be an excellent way to change attitudes and to make her realise how hard life can be and see you as a hard working loving mother with sheer dedication to your little boy and that although your little boy might have health problems he is a loving little boy who can raise a smile and be a brave little soldier and an inspiration to others.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
that is a good idea,thanks.
not sure if i'm confident enough but maybe i could get my portage worker to come along,she has been fantastic in encouraging me to get out with all my children and not to keep my youngest hidden away.
i don't mind genuine questions to help people understand but it's when you get the nastiness i'm not sure what to say.up until yesterday i had felt comfortable there so feel it's a shame to make my daughter miss out,she starts school in sept and i have spent most of the last year living at the hospital with my son and she has missed so much time with mummy.