• Registered
(06-16-2010, 05:20 PM)fatherjack Wrote: Here we go then, firstly contact shelterline and spill th beans completely, they can appoint a casewroker who should check why your arrears were only brought up after so long and also that you are actually liable for the full amount, they can check you are in the right group on the housing register as well because it may be that the council has wrongly used the arrears as a means to not offering you a property whereas some groups are there by law and only ASB issues can be taken into account. The council is allowed to supsend your application, tell you how long it is for and hold reviews under certain conditions as well so dont lose heart whatever they say.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/

That's the link to shelter, there's a phone number and email address there.

It looks like http://www.dialbarnsley.org.uk/services/ is another contact point for you as they may well have some sway with local housing associations, if they dont then they'll know someone who does Smile

That's likely enough to take in for now, feel free to message me off the board if it helps as well....... I am on and off the PC all day and night.

thanks very much for this Smile ive just read that the limitations are 6 years and in thats period if there havent contacted me by then there have to right the debt off so looks like im ringing around again tommorrow Smile

• Administrators
I did think they had an obligation to write of the debt after so long so glad to see its 6 years in your local area. Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Be very careful and PLEASE get somene to represent you. Debts are regularly written of and then restored to the account as live by housing revenue teams. Your representative needs to do an information request on your behalf and sort it from there.

• Administrators
As they could quite easily say you contacted them within the 6 years and then it starts again if i remember this bit correctly Dodgy
As Fatherjack said get the pros onto it as they will know by the information release that they have not contacted you like they might claim Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
ive contacted the housing place today she said there have arranged a meeting with ot and another housing place i carnt remeber what there call it this is for next week so not sure how this is going to go the ot isnt even with one my boys have so how can she make an assessment when she doesent know them i feel this is there way out a to say sorry you can no longer have the bungalow why has it taken them 2 mths to get to this point there also have eough surrporting edvience which i sent them boggles my mind just have to wait now but got more ringing around to do tommorrow thanks everyone for advice Smile