• VIP
i'm hoping someone can give advice on first steps of appling for a car on the mobility scheme. just looked on the mobility main site and checked the prices. do the dealers have there own and can charge more or do they have to go by the mobility site? anyone knows a good dealer to go with in the west yorkshire area. and although i would prefere not to spend any advance payment i can go to £500. any large car recommedations would be helpfull if any of you guys are driving one. also will dealers let you have the car for a test drive longer than just going round the block. also any hints or tips to get may a few extras like mats stuff like that

• VIP
I have been using motability cars for the past 11 years. As far as I am aware motability set the prices and advance payments to reflect the cars value at the end of the lease. I think that individual dealers cannot charge what they like. I would have a good look around after making a list of "must haves" with the car and also "would be nice". If you contact motability they will send you out information on dealers that do motability and also the cars avaiable on the scheme.
As far as extras go I have always had to pay for them and never found a way round this!
Happy hunting.xx

• Administrators
Citreon grand c4 picasso which we have which was free no advance payment when we applied and just checked this has gone upto £995 but Motability can help with the advance payment in some cases Smile
Other than that slightly smaller but the Ford C-max is a sturdy reliable car and nill advance payment Smile

Renault scenics are 7 seaters but hardly any boot space when all 7 seats are up!
Here is a list of all the 7 seaters so they are larger in general when the back two seats are in the floor:

You can use the Motability search on the website to find a car to suit
Cars on the motability scheme

The Vauxall Touran is not a bad car either and was one of the ones we did look at before opting for the C4 GRAND.

If you could go for the GRAND C4 i highly recomend the car.

Take a look below at the help from Mobility

Financial help towards a motability car
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
cheers. i may give them a ring about help and see what they think, i was looking at the S max

• Administrators
If you like the S MAX well worth taking a look at the GRAND C4.
I looked at Both and chose the GRAND C4.
If you do apply for funding look at the Galaxy as well Angel
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE