• Moderators
lol dont forget i have had over 14 years to get used to it so dont worry that you soon find sarkie comments to answer back just dont do them to the social worker who has never met u Big Grin i got asked where matt had a bruise on his face from and i just said my fist Big Grin it was my hand but it was matt that was whacking himself with it trying to hurt me when he was in a mood and i was too busy concentrating on stopping him kicking me with pedroe boots on to realise fortunatly his respite worker knew me and explained i was just annoyed that an outreach worker who knew me had just gone straight to social services without even asking about it.
i even had a next door neighour when we first moved report me to the council saying i was abusing him as she heard loud screams (she had met matt and i explained about how he was with his autism) they came around and he sat on my knee with arms around me whole time giving me kisses and the neighbour actually got in trouble for it as the worker actually had an autistic child and couldnt believe how loving he was hehehe.

i have a friend who is in a wheelchair and also has aspergers and oh my gosh she could give lessons in put downs she has me in stitches with her stories of when she is out and how even professionals in the hospital seem to think she is unable to make a decision by herself
there are some good t shirts out which have good comments on (ebay sell them too) but to be honest if someone asks should he be out you should just answer like u did here "well the doc says i have to let him out of his cage for an hour a day, how often to they let u out?" soon shuts em up as they realise how stupid THEY are Big Grin
hair colour hmmmmmmmmmm try green it gives em sumat else to stare at hehehehehehehehehe
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
haha.green hair? with my curls i'd look like a demented broccoli!!!
thankfully my little man looks at the world with a look of utter disdain so i think he will be able to bring people down with one dirty look!
with regards to autism,my eldest is being looked at by the paeds cos he is displaying signs of being on the spectrum.i dont know much about it but can you tell me if these sound familiar to anyone who knows;
he is majorly obsessed with buses,knows timetable,route,type of bus,
takes things literally,doesn't understand jokes,
gets very upset and rages over nothing in particular,
on the other hand is very loving to me and almost babyish sometimes.he is 7 By the way.
sorry for waffling on,just not sure what i'm meant to be looking for. thanks.x

• Moderators
the obsession with buses i can relate to Big GrinBig Grin we even had to leave alton towers early on friday due to him not wanting to wait to check out all the coaches in the car park and even get himself on one while the driver was awayBlush then get a bus half way home so i had to drive and pick them (with dad) up. he goes onto photo websites and puts the numberplates on as tags if they not already there too as well as taking photos of them

a lot of autistic children thrive on routine and even something as simple as taking a different route home can trigger a "mood" then if you take that route again making that a routine you could get the same mood each time as it was done the first time if you get what i mean Big Grin
doesnt like joining in group games prefers own company

a lot of autistic children dont like affection but not all of them, matt still wants to sit on my knee but i have to get him to sit on arm of sofa as he is 17 and about 9 stone Big Grin to start with affection is on their own terms usually but they can learn to tolerate it i guess is a way of describing it if i ask matt for a kiss he acts like a total teenager and rolls his eyes and presents his cheek lol
rocking or flapping is another common marker of autism but at the end of the day just because a child is autistic doesnt mean they will do the same as the autistic lad in the next street. regardless of the "label" they are all individuals and have their own personalities the autistic spectrum is very very wide and can cover a lot of area from very mild to severe across to aspergers even down syndrome children can be on the spectrum, they are very intelligent and do not really have learning difficulties as much as they just need to be taught in a different way as they are stubborn and dont want to learn the same as everybody else Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(06-11-2010, 06:35 AM)chrissie Wrote: hita,i'm the very proud mum of 3 Children,my youngest who is 10 months has worster drought syndrome,which means he cannot suck or swallow,eat and probably won't speak.he has very poor muscle tone and can't sit or roll yet.
also my eldest is being checked for autism and is dyspraxic.
i would love to speak with people with the same issues,as i have been very isolated and have had some nasty remarks from people i thought were my friends.anyway,looking forward to reading about all you guys.thanks.x
Hi,
Just a little late into the thread but just wanted to jump in and say hello.
There are some mindless idiots out there and im so sorry they were supposed to be freinds.
You are in good company here and there are many parents with the same problems so feel free to stick around and im sure you will find that you are very welcome to get involved and enjoy the forum Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
thanks daniel, ihave already had lots of kind words from people on here.
still at that stage of trying to figure everything out but i'm sure i'll get lots of info on here.