• VIP
hita,i'm the very proud mum of 3 Children,my youngest who is 10 months has worster drought syndrome,which means he cannot suck or swallow,eat and probably won't speak.he has very poor muscle tone and can't sit or roll yet.
also my eldest is being checked for autism and is dyspraxic.
i would love to speak with people with the same issues,as i have been very isolated and have had some nasty remarks from people i thought were my friends.anyway,looking forward to reading about all you guys.thanks.x

• VIP
Hi Chrissie. Welcome to this fantastic forum. I have two boys - Ryan is 12 and is at high school now. Jack will be 3 in September and he has autism and low musle tone - he can walk but can't sit down by himself or get up from sitting. I get lots of advice from well meaning people who really don't have a clue what they are talking about! SO glad I found this site. x

• VIP
Welcome to the forum! Smile

• Moderators
hi chrissie
i have a 17yr old who has autism, been lucky on not getting a lot of nasty comments but think being tall and learning to have a gob on me put most ppl off hehehe (i am lovely really Big Grin) just remember that the nasty commenters are just ignorant and dont know any better and your real friends will stick by you
corinne 22
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
thanks for the kind words.i think it is still early days for us and i'm sure i will get a gob on me!
just stupid remarks like is he contagious? er,no.or my favourite is "should he be out?"..... well i cant keep him in his cage all day can i?
you guys on here all seem to cope so well with everything,i hope i'll get sorted soon,but being blonde,no promises! x