• Administrators
(08-01-2010, 08:32 PM)mummy_of_matty Wrote: I'm gutted that Matty probably won't qualify for an exit pass - when we went before it was during termtime so wasn't that busy. The thought of having to stand in a queue 2 hours + long isn't really an option as he hates sitting still in his wheelchair, I can imagine him getting so distressed that he starts having seizures. Not much good for my neice who's diabetic and has arthritis either!
I'm going to try and contact them about it before we go, but if you get any clarification of what is and isn't allowed Daniel, would you mind letting me know?
I will follow up tommorow for you Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
hi Daniel, yes we were but the tickets had to be used to exit just before the roundabout that takes you onyo the main road. Parking is free to disabled but they wanted proof of blue badge, i politely informed him it was on display in the car as we were parked in a disabled bay! did tell hum he could go check! i was angryest tho because it costs so much to get in (even tho we didn/t!lol) it was the point of it, don;t they make enough money, we spent over £100 in the shop only for me to realise everything was at least £1 an item cheaper on their own website!
Noy yje best theme park we've ever been to (disney will never be beaten) but i think i would have been disapointed had i paid to get in as kyrie was 1 cm to short for most of the rides!

• Administrators
(08-01-2010, 08:42 PM)luciesmum1 Wrote: hi Daniel, yes we were but the tickets had to be used to exit just before the roundabout that takes you onyo the main road. Parking is free to disabled but they wanted proof of blue badge, i politely informed him it was on display in the car as we were parked in a disabled bay! did tell hum he could go check! i was angryest tho because it costs so much to get in (even tho we didn/t!lol) it was the point of it, don;t they make enough money, we spent over £100 in the shop only for me to realise everything was at least £1 an item cheaper on their own website!
Noy yje best theme park we've ever been to (disney will never be beaten) but i think i would have been disapointed had i paid to get in as kyrie was 1 cm to short for most of the rides!
You must have been unlucky both times as the barriers were up on the coach lanes which the disabled people are asked to follow each time we went Smile

• Administrators
(08-01-2010, 08:32 PM)mummy_of_matty Wrote: I'm going to try and contact them about it before we go, but if you get any clarification of what is and isn't allowed Daniel, would you mind letting me know?
Im still awaiting a reply but i shall call them tommorow morning for clarification as well.
Ive been browsing around the legoland website and it states the following:

Guests in wheelchairs can enter the turnstiles through one of two gates at either end of the turnstiles. Please ask a member of staff for assistance if required.

Also found the following

-Wheelchair users may remain within their chair on the following rides and attractions: Aero Nomad, Orient Expedition, Digger Challenge, Hill Train, Enchanted Forest, Pirate Training Camp, Loki’s Labyrinth, Waterworks and XBOX 360 Gaming Zone. For all other rides wheelchair users must be able to leave their chair.

-Many rides and attractions are accessible to wheelchair users via entrance lines. The following rides must be entered via the exit by wheelchair users: Sky Rider, Extreme Team Challenge, DUPLO Train, Boating School, Laser Raiders, the Dragon, Dragon’s Apprentice and Vikings' River Splash. Please note, guests wishing to ride the Vikings’ River Splash require upper and lower body control. This is due to the complicated nature of the ride evacuation

But here is a blow statement:

The Scheme - In order to ascertain whether the exit pass is required for each individual Guest, a series of questions will be asked in order to determine their specific needs. The issuance of exit passes is based upon documentary proof of disability (Blue or orange badges will not be accepted as this does not state the nature of the disability). Examples of documentation required are: GP’s letter, Association Membership details, Council run membership, or any other form that states the disability.

Guests who require a wheelchair will not receive an exit pass as all queue lines, except those mentioned below, are accessible via the main entry to each attraction. Due to the following ride queue lines having steps in the main entrance access can be gained by going through the exit of the ride, this does not require an exit pass: Sky Rider, Extreme Team Challenge, DUPLO Train, Boating School, Wave Surfer, Digger Challenge, Scarab-bouncers, Laser Raiders, Viking River Splash, Longboat Invader, the Dragon and Dragon’s Apprentice. It is not recommended for Guests with disabilities relating to the heart, the spine, the neck, the bladder or broken limbs to ride the majority of the rides or attractions, and therefore an exit pass will not be issued in these cases.

As a visit to the Park requires a great deal of walking it is advised that Guests with mobility problems hire a wheelchair to be able to get around the park with ease.

LEGOLAND Windsor’s exit pass policy has been designed to assist Guests’ who do not understand the concept of queuing, have difficulties with everyday social interaction, have a limited capacity to follow instruction or to understand others emotional feelings or expressions, and may become agitated or distressed having to wait for periods of time. The scheme is in place to assist families to enjoy their day in the maximum way and to relieve pressure on the family.

So it would seem it is there policy to not provide exit passes for physical disabilities Dodgy

Also are you paying or are you using merlin magic wand tickets?

• VIP
in theory i'm paying....in reality i'm using tesco vouchers Big Grin
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart