• Administrators
A short follow up to this review and its not great im afraid Blush
We returned to Legoland Windsor yesterday and when getting the queue passes they asked why we needed the passes i explained about Euans medical condition and also his behaviour problems and gave full details.
The lady said i cannot give you a pass on a "Phyiscal" disability but i will do it on the behaviour side of things Dodgy
When quizzed she said they dont give passes for a physical disability as there is still an element of queueing on the exit gates.
Yes i know that but the queue isnt 2 hours long Dodgy

Im going to email guest services for clarification on this matter today as according to this woman even those with wheelchairs wouldnt qualify for the exit pass which seems very wrong.
Not sure if its a bad member of staff or policy so i will confirm this with legoland.

Also those going to legoland please take WASP REPELANT with them as the park currently has a MAJOR problem with wasps and they are all over the park in droves.
There is a wasp or three on you all day no lie.
Also in the drink shops where they have the drinks pumps the wasps were all over the nozzles and dead in the drip trays so be wary about any drinks you purchase.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
We have been a few times (2007, 2008 & 2009) and have always had problems with disabled access and did not find it disability friendly.

We managed to get a disabled pass but you need to take a letter from your consultant stating the nature of the child problems accoring to the manager this is there standard policy.

If you manage to get disabled access you go threw exit points to gain entry to the rides, also I would advise you book a Qbot (they are baout £20.00 with a £50 deposit ... despoist is taken on an old style credit card chit and destroyed when you hand the Qbot it back) - these are like big tamagochie's - you got and book your ride then go back; again you go threw the exit to enter the ride.

The park is very busy but the Children will love it. Take a packed lunch if you can as the food is very expensive.

I agree with the wasps situation but have found this to be the case at most theme parks.
Good Friends are like stars;

You don't often see them ...
... but you know they're always there

• VIP
We went a few weeks ago before the Children broke up from school, it wasn;t too busy and had minimal queing. I booked the girls out of school with a holiday form as they are entitled to 10 days holiday per academic year.
However when we were leaving the park a big notice on the exits informed us that we had to purchase a parking ticket to exit the car park. It was only £1 but the principle of it made me really mad, after a bit of ranting at one of the staff members i got a free parking ticket! lol

• Administrators
(08-01-2010, 08:25 PM)luciesmum1 Wrote: We went a few weeks ago before the Children broke up from school, it wasn;t too busy and had minimal queing. I booked the girls out of school with a holiday form as they are entitled to 10 days holiday per academic year.
However when we were leaving the park a big notice on the exits informed us that we had to purchase a parking ticket to exit the car park. It was only £1 but the principle of it made me really mad, after a bit of ranting at one of the staff members i got a free parking ticket! lol
Were you in the disabled blue badge area at all?
Its free there!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
I'm gutted that Matty probably won't qualify for an exit pass - when we went before it was during termtime so wasn't that busy. The thought of having to stand in a queue 2 hours + long isn't really an option as he hates sitting still in his wheelchair, I can imagine him getting so distressed that he starts having seizures. Not much good for my neice who's diabetic and has arthritis either!
I'm going to try and contact them about it before we go, but if you get any clarification of what is and isn't allowed Daniel, would you mind letting me know?
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart