Legoland Windsor

Location-

Address: Winkfield Road
Windsor
Telephone: 0870 5040404

Admission price-

Adult: £38
Child/Senior: £28
No reductions for disabled people although there is a Carers go free scheme which is good for us parents.
You do need proof of being a carer in form of identification such as carers allowance letters or speak with the park for other acceptable proofs prior to travelling.

What was the venue like?

Upon arrival at the park i was very happy to see a good choice of disabled car parking spaces right next to the main entrance with no real walking at all to be done.
The entry gates had great provision for wheelchairs and pushchairs and upon entering the park you have the choice to hire pushchairs.
Single pushchairs £6.50 or double pushchairs for £10.00 they were not normal pushchairs as such they were large plastic colourful ones.
The single ones are shaped like a car with a steering wheel to drive.

What is your overall impression of the facilities?

Upon parking my car i had a good feeling about the venue and i was not wrong.
Easy parking was spot on.
Easy Entrance was Spot on.
Legoland also issued us Exit Passes which allowed us to use the exits to enter rides rather than using the queues although the exit passes are provided on a case by case basis and you need to take along proof of disability and not just the blue badge as this will not be accepted unless at the discretion of the staff so be careful on this one.
Most things at Legoland has been thought off and provision made to make life that little bit easier rather than struggling around.
Maybe in the Future Legoland will consider electric wheelchair hire or electric scooters but they do currently offer manual electric wheelchairs.

Overall i was very impressed with the whole set up of Legoland and i personally cannot fault one thing there today and believe me for me to say that it must be good.
So i am more than happy to say that Legoland is a disabled freindly theme park with the disabled child at the centre of its whole policy.
So a big well done to Legoland.

Full details of the disabled policy for Legoland can be found on

http://www.legoland.co.uk/planyourvisit/GUEST+WITH+DISABILITIES.htm

As an added bonus take a look at the giraffe made of LEGO Smile

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
im glad to hear legoland was so good my friend with special need children applied to the merlin charity and received free tickets for the whole family to go to legoland, she recommended i apply, which im yet to do when i looked at the online form there was also a question asking if help towards travelling costs was needed as that can be a huge expense in its self so its well worth checking it out, especially as my lot are always nagging me to go there x
HeartHeart always wish upon a star, of beautiful dreams near and far HeartHeart

• Administrators
If you do get tickets do remember though that carers go free so its actually one more ticket as such if when you apply you include yourself Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
We've booked to go back in august, I can't wait! Big Grin
Heart Raising the awareness of encephalitis, one baby step at a time.....Heart

• VIP
I am thankful for this review, we are awaiting an answer form the merlin group for free tickets but if not we are going to go this summer as I love Legoland, although I have never taken Grayson so its nice to know it maybe easy enough. x