Poll: Did your asperger child suffer lack of oxygen at birth?
This poll is closed.

Yes
100.00% of votes
100.00% Complete
No
0% of votes
0% Complete

* You voted for this item.

• Registered
The trouble is I think its all chicken & egg with these things. Since he was born he never seemed to know naturally how to do anything - how to sleep, how to poo, how to feed & everything was a struggle. I think maybe babies could be ASD in the womb and even the birth process doesn't come naturally to them & they get all tangled up & breathe at the wrong time etc & thats why they end up oxygen deprived. I'm not saying thats what it is & definately not in all cases but I think it might be a possibility. I think scientist sometimes jump to conclusions in painting the wrong picture - for example I get really annoyed about the one where they say that "children who have xxxxxx watch 2hrs more TV a day than typical children" - implying that the TV causes the condition. My view is that these children watch more TV because their mothers would not be able to go to the toilet for 3 minutes without their house being destroyed if they didnt put the TV on!

• Administrators
yes i know what you mean, it would be very difficult to prove whether or not they are born with it wired in, that is very frustrating. Especially as another thing aswell is they say ASD/Autism isn't genetic yet you tend to find it runs in families.....that would suggest to me that it does have SOMETHING to do with genetics!? such a toughie and something we will probably never know but always wonder..... xxx

• Administrators
I say the egg came first,Lucy reckons the chickenSmileTongue
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
(11-02-2009, 04:05 PM)Daniel Wrote: I say the egg came first,Lucy reckons the chickenSmileTongue

the chicken evolved from dinosaurs.......im sure i read it came from the t-rex :S imagine a chicken that big!!! lol Tongue

• Administrators
The answer is the egg! For an animal to change, its genetics would have to change also and this is impossible.
Therefore the change would have to take place as an embryo or egg. So the first chicken was most likely spawned in prehistoric times as an embryo/egg. Concluding that the first living organism had to come from the form of an egg or embryo.
Also the egg came first because a chicken comes from an egg. At whatever point you decide to call the chicken a true chicken, it must have come from an egg. Because the different species before it must have evolved to make a chicken, the egg came first.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE