• VIP
well i checked the status of my claim online and it says they will contact me shortly to arrange a home visit (been like that for around 3 weeks now) i was wondering does this mean ive been successful, i was worried that me only just didnt quailfy due to earning too much (when i say just i mean maybe £10 over), surly whey wouldn't want to arrange a home visit if we couldnt get the grant through earning too much, and what is the home visit for?

thanks

• VIP
MY home visit was to meet Maddison (my child with the disabilities) and to talk about what her issues were and what things we applied for. I got all my letters together from the paediatricians and other professionals which she quickly read through for added proof and I also had my bank statements handy to show that I was in receipt of carer's allowance and DLA, the lady who visited us was lovely. Smile

• VIP
i sent all my proof off with my application, think im a bit insaine with things like that, im just worried that in the end they'll say you cant get it due to earnings, but im thinking why would they take the time to come see me as they have all my earnings so they know how much we get....am i waffling lol!

• VIP
The visit is to see how best they can help you. It is also just to check the facts.

I was quite nervous the first visit. My son spent his first 9 months in hospital and she came to see me there.
I suppose there must be quite a few people who make up claims.
She was lovely and it was more like an informal chat than a grilling.
She looked at exactly what our situation was and how best they could help.
For us that meant a lump sum to be used for expenses occured whilst in hospital. So for parking, meals, etc.

Usually you can only apply once a year put they do make allowances when a new situation crops up.
So for us that meant that we could put in a second claim for equipment when my son came home.

I am sure they would not call out if they didn't think you had an entitlement. x
Dodgy

• VIP
Yeah, I don't think they'll make a home visit if they didn't think you were in with a good chance of getting a grant. Keep us posted with how it goes. x