• Moderators
there is also the point that they get paid to do their job and if they dont like it they can quit, not a choice we have really what about when she is ill??? does she still go into work? does she have a lunch break/coffe break during her 8 hours a day part time job??

at least she is working with special needs adults its worse when you get someone who says "i know how it feels i am a stay at home mum too" yet their child is not special needs hehehe
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
(06-05-2010, 05:26 PM)corinne Wrote: there is also the point that they get paid to do their job and if they dont like it they can quit, not a choice we have really what about when she is ill??? does she still go into work? does she have a lunch break/coffe break during her 8 hours a day part time job??

at least she is working with special needs adults its worse when you get someone who says "i know how it feels i am a stay at home mum too" yet their child is not special needs hehehe
corinne

wonderful corinne lol and yes ur right about that the last bit lol oh its so sad isnt it ...x

• Administrators
also when you 'work' with someone with special needs who isnt your own child, there isnt the emotion attached like there is seeing your child strugggling and going through so much! no one can understand that unless they go through it, its a drain on your emotions and it really is 24-7, you can never switch off, even if you have little breaks now and then, you never switch off the feelings you have, you still think about and worry about them when theyre not there! Dodgy

xx

• VIP
I can identify with this too! My sis is real quick to tell me what I should be doing with/for Jack. She has two boys aswell, one who is very clever at school - top of everything and he's only 8 and she's been told her 6 year old is even brighter!! Ho hum - got to say though, she never seems happy to me - aah, maybe the competition with the other mums is too much for her! I try very hard to let it go in one ear and out the other - but it hurts sometimes.

• VIP
People often don't understand how hard it is looking after a special needs child as you ladies have pointed out it's a 24-7 job. We can't quit when things get really difficult. I've stopped talking to most of my family because of my son. He stops breathing and needs to be resuscitated often and my family said there's nothing wrong with him it's my fault he does it. He attends Great Ormond Street and I am more inclined to believe his doctors than some family members. Like the saying goes "You can chose your friends not your Family" oh how true x