• VIP
i have just been told by my sister bringing up your own disabled child is like having a job in a home with adults with learning difficultys?

err what does anyone think of this ?

basically she doesnt understand how hard it is so i said you dont know unless u in the situation , she said i did work with adults with learning difficultys. how is that the same??? huh pfffft gets u so mad when they are so ignorant to understand ......needed that rant .....

pls feel free to add

• VIP
It's kinda like saying that you know what it's like to look after a dog because you work looking after cats ... Confused

• VIP
(06-05-2010, 04:02 PM)maddies_mummy Wrote: It's kinda like saying that you know what it's like to look after a dog because you work looking after cats ... Confused

lol thats so true maddies mumy lol

• VIP
I mean, it's not disputing how difficult it must be to work with adults with learning difficulties but the two can't be compared really. For starters we're talking about out OWN disabled child, and I'm presuming that means the child lives with you and you have to do so many things for him. I'm also presuming that at the end of the day your sister can go home and switch off where you're on your "job" 24-7.

My own family don't really understand the depth of it all, my brother only really sees the children for an hour or so at a time, and they're usually happy to see him, jumping up and down on him and playing, etc, so he gets the good parts and doesn't see everything else that is involved!

• VIP
(06-05-2010, 04:18 PM)maddies_mummy Wrote: I mean, it's not disputing how difficult it must be to work with adults with learning difficulties but the two can't be compared really. For starters we're talking about out OWN disabled child, and I'm presuming that means the child lives with you and you have to do so many things for him. I'm also presuming that at the end of the day your sister can go home and switch off where you're on your "job" 24-7.

My own family don't really understand the depth of it all, my brother only really sees the children for an hour or so at a time, and they're usually happy to see him, jumping up and down on him and playing, etc, so he gets the good parts and doesn't see everything else that is involved!

thats a very good point , they dont see the stress and the down days we get the battles the fights we have to fight for arghhhhh its so hard they dont have there house taken over to profesionals etc ......its so sad isnt it ......x