• Administrators
Just wanted to remind those attending the Alton Towers day out of the arrangements.
Also please remember if you want the QUEUE JUMP PASS TO AVOID THE QUEUES YOU WILL NEED:

A Current DLA Letter or Blue Badge or equivlent

Arrangements for the day are as follows:

Venue address:

Alton Towers Resort,
Alton,
Staffordshire,
ST10 4DB

Meet up time

9:45 am

Meeting place
Main entrance of Park

Please bring with you:
•Picnic if you would like to join us for a lunchtime picnic
•Proof of disability- Either Disability living allowance letter or Blue Badge so that you can be issued with a fast pass for use on the rides and avoid queues .If you have neither of these please let me know and we can check if alterntive proofs are acceptable

Some useful information for the day:

Parking
There is a Express parking area for blue badge holders only so please make your way to this if you have a blue badge.
Ask for directions from onsite staff if required.

Changing
There are numerous baby changing and Disabled changing rooms throughout the park

Wheelchair hire
Wheelchair hire is FREE for those registred disabled with a £5 deposit.
If you are not registred disabled and need a wheelchair there is a £10 charge.

Ride information
Helpers accompanying guests with disabilities onto the rides must sit in the same row or car as the disabled guest they are assisting. Carers must assist disabled guests with loading and offloading (including their transfer from wheelchairs). Alton Towers staff will give full instructions, but for everyone's safety, the carers must do all lifting-Alton Towers staff cannot assist in any way. Carers must also be able to communicate any safety restrictions and messages, and assist with any emergency or evacuation procedures.

Also parents will have a Queue jump wrist band for use on the rides but as im sure you will understand you can only use this when the disabled person is with you.
Unless like me you are also registred disabled and then you can use the Queue jump on your own.

On the day

On the day of the meet we will meet at 9:45am please dont be late as im sure you can understand some children will struggle to wait for any long period.
I will exhange mobile numbers with all guests via private message shortly.
We will then make our way to guest services to be allocated our Queue jump bands.

Tickets
I will allocate all tickets already allocated to members on the day.
I am shortly going to check with all members they are still ok for the day and any drop outs will be allocated to the reserve list.
Members without tickets are welcome to attend but you will have to meet the cost of admission to the park.
However if for some reason there are any drop outs on the day we will allocate any spare tickets to people via a quick mini draw

PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE AND TRY TO ARRIVE EARLY IF POSSIBLE AS I WILL BE GIVING TICKETS OUT AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE AND IF YOU ARE NOT THERE I WILL HAVE TO LEAVE LUCY AND THE Children AND COME BACK TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO GIVE YOU YOUR TICKETS Dodgy

Im sure it will be a great day out so nows the time to get excited Blush

Ill also PM those attending later today with these details
Any questions from people?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Moderators
do they hire mobility scooters?? lol
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
As far as i can see they only have wheelchair hire.
Ill do some more digging and let you know Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Do you know if you have to display the blue badge in the car park? If so, would a photo copy be ok for the fast pass.

• VIP
reguarding picnic, i would assume you can leave the park to get to your car an back in? i don't fancy carring my butties around with me lol