• Administrators
Im really not sure if there is an angle here and the thing is the council will do what is the most cost effective.
And i would advise you dont mention to the council about the garage being used for deliveries as they may look towards business rates.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Not sure if I can help at all as I say from N Ireland and I think thinds are differant over here
Because we wanted the extention somewhere else but couldn't because of the access thing, haven't said we are happy with what we got done.
It just ment that we had to get more work done and it took longer.

Bernie
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• VIP
thanks for everyones input - i will let you all know the outcome of my meeting with a councillor to discuss the matter further.

I am not being ungrateful for the offer of the work to be done, i just dont know how we would manage, and there is no point in causing upset and difficulty for all 5 of us just to help out 1.

I remember having deliveries in the house before we built the garage (10+ years ago before my son was in the wheelchair) and how difficult it was to get around the kitchen then.

And then there is the storage of the sports chair - there is no where else to put it as it is too wide to pass into the kitchen. it would mean leaving it in the car - and that isnt an option.

• Administrators
Could they build a door on the front of the converted garage so that you could put the sports chair straight into there?
What is a sports chair anyway? ( Wheelchair? )
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
not sure if they could leave space for a door and storage for the sports chair - i never thought to ask for that.

A sports wheelchair is a wheelchair made specificaly for my son so that he can play sport in it. His is for wheelchair basketball and has anti-tippers that help to prevent him toppleing over when playing the sport. It has a wide 'bumper bar' around the base to help with stability and to keep opposing players getting in his space when playing.

I tried to put a link in to a picture of one but cant. Take a look at gbwba . co . uk and see the gb teams in their chairs.

its a brilliant sport and i truly believe that if it wasnt for the sport my son would not be here today (long story but he only went into a wheelchair 18mnths ago after being an able bod).

These cant be bought 'off the shelf' and can take 4months+ to order (not to mention the £3k) - not very good when you need to get used to your chair to play well.